No power

butch2000

Jun 19, 2012
another more helpfull forum
ok , so , I just purchased a sick 2001 d-max , previous owner got tired of throwing money at it !!
so , truck had no fuel pressure , he installed new pump and regulator , idles great but when driven falls on it's face ? scanner says low fuel pressure ?could it be the pressure switch is bad ? I have checked the filter etc , does this year have a check valve for pressure as well ? or is there a injector going south ? causing the low pressure ?:banghead:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
You might have weak FPRV but I'm not sure so here is a link and a free bump for you.
http://www.pacificp.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=53

That's for the LLY and newer. There is threads here on the LB7 FPRV shim mod. Maybe just what the Dr. ordered. The needle valve in it may be cracked as well unfortunately. Just have to get it out to have a look see. You may need to look to see if there is clear fuel passage lines from the tank to the CP3 pump too. Air through the line after draining them can help add this process (just have and extra length of hose connected to the cp3 side of the line and run it into a fuel can filler hole with some one holding it just in case).

If this is not it, I would then start looking for possibly a bad pressure sensor.

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I think its a kinked soft fuel line. A liftpump will band aid fix this, getting a new line would be the "correct". But a lift pump would be better off in the long run, fixes the problem and leaves more room to grow. Check your oil levels, your style duramax will leak fuel into the crankcase when injectors go bad and that can ruin engine bearings. Injector or kink would be the 2 most likely problems.