Nitto NT420S snow?

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
I've been in the Marine Corps, coming from NC to NH and I have these on my truck. I'm gonna say I am very impressed. They are not all terrains, but stopping and accelerating and turning in the snow/slush is great!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I don't live in the great white north or anything but we do get snow here. They have done just fine I'm what snow I've been in. I was riding in a friends 3/4 Dodge Cummins in Denver a year or two ago and we were driving through 8" just fine. BY NO MEANS the tire of choice in snow but I wouldn't decide against them either over an AT on account of a couple months out of the year you may drive in snow a bit.

Towing is another area where they did just fine for me. Hauled our Nova on a gooseneck a month ago (8k pounds roughly and about 800 miles RT) and they did just fine. These 420s have outlasted my previous sets of Nitto TGs as well as BFG ATs

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
Yes! Towing with these tires they did great for me. I bought them for traction, I couldn't keep my old 285/75R17 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo2 from spinning on pavement if my life depended on it. So I got my 22" wheels for free and threw the 420's on it. They still spin pretty badly straight line, but handles corners KINDA like a sports car..

I recently towed a CC/SB LLY on a car hauler and these tires did very well. I was nervous thinking the side walls would collapse. I called Dustin down at Diesel Addiction and he assured me they would be fine for the short trip. He was right.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
What's the definition of snow as per the challenge? If you're talking about two feet of snow the answer is an obvious no. 1-4" on city streets, I've never had any problems.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
13 inches plus drifting. 305/50/20 nitto 420. Pretty happy with them!!!
vaze3eha.jpg
ajuqureg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Directional tire and they clean out well......I was throwing rooster tails on all 4 corners as you can see from the pics!!!

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Mine did very great in the big ice storm here in Texas few weeks back. Very impressed. Pulled a few people out to that where in my way. Lol.

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
13 inches plus drifting. 305/50/20 nitto 420. Pretty happy with them!!!
vaze3eha.jpg
ajuqureg.jpg

This definitely boosts my confidence a little more with these tires. I was about to spend money on some all terrains, but honestly I'll put that money into other areas on my truck instead. Pretty badass looking ride too btw. I did notice they clean themselves very well, seeing how I have a bigger offset rim, so my front tires stick way out past my fenders, and just launch the snow into the air in front of me.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
This definitely boosts my confidence a little more with these tires. I was about to spend money on some all terrains, but honestly I'll put that money into other areas on my truck instead. Pretty badass looking ride too btw. I did notice they clean themselves very well, seeing how I have a bigger offset rim, so my front tires stick way out past my fenders, and just launch the snow into the air in front of me.

Thanks. It's a blast to drive.