Newcomer with Duramax in Houston

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Hello, my name is Chris. I have had my Duramax for about a year now and I'm finally looking to start mod my truck. I've got a 2006 Chevy Duramax LBZ engine and allusion trany I believe. On 35s with a 4in lift. I have to check the engine because when I bought the truck they told me it was a 6in lift and that is not the case. Looking to run EFI Live and make this truck move. Looking for a good shop for EFI Live in Houston or surrounding area. Mileage is sitting right at 150,000 just getting to the good time (; hope to meet some people in Texas and get things rolling. I should be getting some new shoes for her soon. Also need to get her a name.
efb62f425d9ed8a63231886c38cd1e31.jpg
7bf6b985fb914324d4503deaef274db0.jpg
12ba7a3915c520c2c2123664b424d27c.jpg

2006 Duramax LBZ & Allison Trany

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Thanks guys! Look forward to meeting a couple of you guys! Also getting new wheels this weekend!

If you need anything you can go up to JoshH. He's up in van, TX. Efi you can order from any of our vendors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
If you need anything you can go up to JoshH. He's up in van, TX. Efi you can order from any of our vendors.

I'm probably going to make a trip to see him soon on some items. I can't seem to find a website for him but I did find him under the thread of supporters of DD

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'm probably going to make a trip to see him soon on some items. I can't seem to find a website for him but I did find him under the thread of supporters of DD

Don't think he has a website. He's got a Facebook page though.

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Just want to see what the wheel spacing difference is from the front a rear axel. I need to get a set of spacers so my wheels are sticking out the same amount in the rear.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Welcome from rainy Seattle!
Sweet rig!

As mentioned, check out Josh's shop! He knows what to do and he will set you up!
You don't need to have a shop flash EFI tuning into your ECM tho ;)

I think youve got to be part of some black ops ghost squad to get a DeuramaxDiesels sticker...not sure, anyone who's tried to tell me how to get one disappears before the info is relayed...:confused:

:rofl:

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Welcome from rainy Seattle!
Sweet rig!

As mentioned, check out Josh's shop! He knows what to do and he will set you up!
You don't need to have a shop flash EFI tuning into your ECM tho ;)

I think youve got to be part of some black ops ghost squad to get a DuramaxDiesels sticker...not sure, anyone who's tried to tell me how to get one disappears before the info is relayed...:confused:

:rofl:

Thank you! I'm Going to give him a call Monday!!

Haha I think it would be cool to know when you see a legit person from the forum.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong with josh at top notch. He built my twins on my truck a few years ago,he can pretty much do whatever you want. Nice truck btw.

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015

Welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong with josh at top notch. He built my twins on my truck a few years ago,he can pretty much do whatever you want. Nice truck btw.

Thanks guys!! Thank you for the tips! So far only heard good things! I'm going to call him tomorrow for some info, wheels on order and some other projects on the way!

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
So I'm currently Running 18x9s -14 offset with a 35s. I have a Rough country 6" lift and I'm going to 18x12s -14 offset with 35s. Do I need a leveling kit or to raise the truck due to the wider tires?