newb

0rion

Sep 29, 2009
Central Ohio
WAT KIND YOU LOOKING FOR I KNOW OF A FEW FOR SALE FROM STOCK TO WILD:thumb:

I'm still trying to figure all that out. I know with diesels you can stand to have a few more miles on them when you buy them but I'm not sure what cutoff I should be looking at. Obviously the lower the better but my budget just won't allow for a low mileage truck. I'd like to stay in the 50-60k range mileage wise with an extended or quad cab. I'd like to keep the price in the $26kish range. I have an 04 GTO I have to sell first before I can seriously go out and start tackling truck buying but if I got a halfway decent trade in I'd go for that too. The stuff I'm looking for in the price range I want is going to be hard to get I think....the truck market is on the rebound but I'm patient and have time on my side. I love the GTO and am in no huge hurry to get rid of it so if I have to wait a while that's ok too.

What mile limit should I set on a truck? I'd like to keep the truck a while but it won't get a ton of miles put on it because I don't do much driving.

Any years better than others? I know in my price range I'm looking at an LB7,LLY, or LBZ truck. The LB7's had injector issues right? I'm also aware of the hole in the transfer case issue and the intermediate steering shaft issue. Anything else I should be aware of?

I'll work the boards hard as much as I'm able and educate myself before buying anything. I'm a gas engine guy up to this point. I'm a moderator at LS1.com and have a heads/cam 98 formula and an 04 GTO. The truck will not stay stock.....I just know my tendencies. :D I have hptuners and efilive and do my own tuning. The truck will most likely go on my efilive cable since I already have an open spot on it. The tuning side is something else I'll have to learn as I go.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
welcome.

Trucks can be had. I picked up an 05 with 52k on it for less than 26k. Good shape too.

Good luck with the gto, you'll be loving life once you get into a 6.6 :D

0rion

Sep 29, 2009
Central Ohio
finally......5 months later I found one. 06 with 56k

031resized.jpg