New wheels and tires

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So, I bought these wheels from Matt (SikDmax) about 7 or 8 months ago with plans to use them eventually. They are 20 x 9.5 Weld Renegades. They had some pitting in the chrome, so I had them powder coated black. The tires are 305/50-20 Cooper Zeon LTZs. I found a really good deal on them at treadepot.com and had my local Discount Tire price match them. Here are a few pics. Sorry for the quality (cell phone...).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 812
  • wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 307
  • wheel3.jpg
    wheel3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 313
  • wheel4.jpg
    wheel4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 312

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was waiting for someone to make a comment on that. I didn't think it would come so quick. It got so dirty when I went to the lake in Arkansas last weekend, and I haven't had a chance to wash it yet. I'll try to get that done this evening! :thumb:

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Looks badass Josh. If you don't mind me asking. How much did it cost you to have those powdercoated? I've been wanting to do my 18"s that way.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks badass Josh. If you don't mind me asking. How much did it cost you to have those powdercoated? I've been wanting to do my 18"s that way.
I got ripped off on the powder coating. A friend of mine who owns a body shop dropped them off for me when he was dropping off some other stuff. He said it was going to be $30-$40 a wheel (he didn't remember exactly what they told him). When I got there to pick them up it was $400 plus tax! I about fell over. I called another local place to ask them what they charge, and the guy told me $50/wheel.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
$50 is feasable but $400 is out of the question. We only have one guy here locally that powdercoats. To be honest I don't know if he would do it for me. Seeing as he's always behind with tractor loaders (KD loaders). But I know him well enough that he might do it. But on anything else we've done business on he gets carried away with how much he can make.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You might check around and see what you can find, even if you have to drive a little. It might be worth it. I will say they did a good job on them, but I didn't plan on spending that much to have it done. I spent almost as much on the powder coating as I did on the wheels.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Josh, now your truck looks good :D those H2's you had made me wanna:barf: I never noticed you had a roll pan? :thumb::D:hug:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The truck looks nasty Josh (in a good way) How do you like the tires ?
So far so good. They aren't real noisy, and I think they look good. To me they kind of look like an all terrain and a performance tire hybrid or something. Hopefully they wear well.

Josh, now your truck looks good :D those H2's you had made me wanna:barf: I never noticed you had a roll pan? :thumb::D:hug:
Uh, thanks? :rofl: I thought the H2s were ok. The main reason I used them was so I could run a little bigger tire without having to pinch it down onto the narrow stock wheel. I definitely like these a whole lot better.

The roll pan went on about 2 months ago. Definitely looks a lot better than the bumper. Now I need to build a hitch to go behind it. I also need to drop the back of the truck to make it closer to level with the front. I think it looks kind of funny with the massive rake. I'm going to get the body shop guy to paint my front bumper and grille and maybe the handles and mirrors. I'm debating on whether or not I should pull the flares, but as of now, I'm thinking I will. Of course, with the new wheels, the tires would stick way out if I didn't have the flares, so I don't know.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks for the compliments, guys.
Looks good Josh! You going for the non-sleeper look now that you dont have the big motor in it?:D
Ya, the sleeper look is no fun when you're slow... :D

Looks good Josh.....did you sell your built motor and twins? Whats the set-up now?
The twins and dual CP3s are sold. I still have the motor. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Might put it in something else.

leave the flares and paint them too, it'll look good.
I'm thinking I might just leave black stuff black and just paint the chrome. I don't know though. So many decisions!!!

They look good. Kind of like what I did with the welds I got. :thumb:

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9513&page=3

I would like to have the 20's though instead of the 17's. :D
Looks like the same wheel too just in a 17. Now that I have the 20s, I kind of wish I had 22s... :rofl: