LLY: New glow plug controller did not fix

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Hey guys wondering if this has happened to any of you. Recently I got a U0106 cel for glow plug control module. What happens is when the truck is cold the glow plug light does not turn off for at least 10 seconds and I am scared to wait longer because I know the tip can break off. I know by the end of ten seconds the glow plugs have to be ready so I start the truck anyway and it starts fine. I live in socal so its a pretty warm climate. I ended up replacing the glow plug controller and clearing the codes via edge cts as well as disconnecting my negatives for an hour or so. The cel comes back very quick. What is strange to me is that if the truck is warm the glow plug light no longer comes on for long periods of time. So it has to recognize that they are warm some how. But why when the truck is cold would the light never turn off no matter duration? I was going to check the big 60 amp fuse under the battery tray, but it does not make sense that is blown if the plug controller works when the truck is warm. Anybody ever run into something like this? No other CELS.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Check the mega fuse. It's super easy to do. All you need to do is probe the main power wire going to the controller and make sure you have 12 volts.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
And that mega fuse is the one located below the battery tray, if I am getting less than 12v?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
It's located under the fusebox shroud.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Bump just changed mega fuse but still have same CEL. U0106. Lost comm with glow plug controller. Trying to get this fixed before winter comes around. Still starting fine as of now.