New flex plate install

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Looking for some guidance for installing a new flex plate on my truck, Mike L stated that there is some things that need to be followed to install it properly.

Also, i have alot of citgo Transgard avalible to me for new fluid for my truck, been running napa dex 3 but would like to know if the transgard would be a good fluild to run as well. Been search for the other citgo brand that Mike L recommends but this is all i could find around my area.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Looking for some guidance for installing a new flex plate on my truck, Mike L stated that there is some things that need to be followed to install it properly.

Also, i have alot of citgo Transgard avalible to me for new fluid for my truck, been running napa dex 3 but would like to know if the transgard would be a good fluild to run as well. Been search for the other citgo brand that Mike L recommends but this is all i could find around my area.

Who's flexplate? Factory?
Your sig says you have a built trans, so technically whoever spec'd the parts or knowing what type of clutch and steel material would dictate which fluid to use...
My builder told me to use Mercon 5...go figure:angel:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I would buy the arp flywheel kit so you do not have to do the angular torque for torque to yield bolts. They should be replaced anyways.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
He told me to use the cheapest dex 3 possible. There alto clutches. I am just wondering if transgard is okay to change too.

Using a stock gm flex plate

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Already have the new tty bolts, didn't know arp sold new ones for it. They make bolts and studs for everything now a days

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I think it's 58ftlbs then 60° and 60° again. Not positive on the first torque number

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Already have the new tty bolts, didn't know arp sold new ones for it. They make bolts and studs for everything now a days

Get rid of those and buy the ARP bolts. the TTY bolts are a pain in the ass not to mention just getting the factory ones loose.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Get rid of those and buy the ARP bolts. the TTY bolts are a pain in the ass not to mention just getting the factory ones loose.

We use the factory bolts and they are no problem. Once the flywheel is locked, it takes us about 15 minutes.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
i was just going to have a guy with a breaker bar on the front harmonic balancer bolt hold the engine steady, then me with a breaker bar and extension breaking the bolts free.

The trans is just slid back to give me a foot worth of room. plan to break them all free and then reinstall with new fly wheel.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
i was just going to have a guy with a breaker bar on the front harmonic balancer bolt hold the engine steady, then me with a breaker bar and extension breaking the bolts free.

The trans is just slid back to give me a foot worth of room. plan to break them all free and then reinstall with new fly wheel.

That's probably not going to work. The balancer bolt will just loosing. You need a way to lock the flywheel. Mine were a SOB to get loose, I had to heat them and use a impact to get them loose! I replaced them with Arp's.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Use a flywheel locking tool. You can get hurt trying to this this improperly and it won't be accurate doing it your way.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I've used a screw driver to hold it, and also reused old tty bolts at 150 ft pounds. I'm just saying that's my personal experience and haven't had an issue. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's worked fine for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk