New DD

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
So I picked this 91 silvy up for, well it was pretty much free. It is a low mile 140K truck and it runs awsome tranny shifts firm and fast and the old TBI 350 is tight and strong. the interior is amazing perfectly clean no rips or stains. The truck is ugly as sin though and it will be going under the knife here in the next couple weeks for new cab corners and outer rocker panels. I think a buddy has a new bumper I ust need to get the grill ordered for it. The big thing I need to decide is what to do about the bed on it, it is totally wasted it is straight but rust has ate it alive above the wheel opening and the rockers are shot. I have been tryin to find a bed in decent shape but man everyone that had one has been scrapping them so now I am starting to panic. I found a stepside for $450 but it's a step side not he biggest fan of them but the price is good.

To get to the point here, there was a time when I knew all the fitment info on these trucks and what parts could interchange and what couldn't. I will most likely let my girl drive this truck most of the time and she has always wanted a GMC Sierra seeing as her name is Sierra. I want to put a 94-98 GMC grill on it but I don't know if will bolt to the core support of the 88-93 trucks same with the headlight and bumper lights? Also if anyone knows where a good clean shortbed is for the 1988-1998 c/k trucks let me know. thanks

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Congrats on the "new " truck Jordan.

Check out GM fullsize .com for info on how to swap grilles and headlights from the 88-93 to the 94-98 fullsize GM's.

Core support is the same, just need the newer headlights and grille and you can make them work pretty easy. Damn good looking swap IMO.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Thanks Tim I haven't been over to GM fullsize in awhileI need to check it out. This is just goin to be a fun winter project and Sieerra will definately love it

Yeah we have been playin with the 200 silvy also should have a thread in a bit the little 4.8 is still holding strong but the clutch is geetin cooked

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I've been driving a company truck that is a 96 model ex cab short bed 1500 4wd with a gutless 305 but man does it run clean, quiet and smooth. 4wd works when I want it to. Shifts nicely. Did I mention the truck is quiet? :thumb: Oh, and it has 192K miles on orig engine and trans I believe. :eek: It really makes me consider a gasser daily driver but I just don't know if I could bring myself to do it. :(

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I have had 4 350's since I have been driveing not one of them had less than 170K when I sold them, one had 210K all stock. The small block chevy is the god of gasser world.

We have been getting 19-24 mpg with our little 4.8 5 speed. I have always loved small blocks and this old 91 is a prime example of why

Power Shift

Apr 22, 2010
Utah
I've been driving a company truck that is a 96model ex cab short bed 1500 4wd with a gutless 305 but man does it run clean, quiet and smooth. 4wd works when I want it to. Shifts nicely. Did I mention the truck is quiet? :thumb: Oh, and it has 192K miles on orig engine and trans I believe. :eek: It really makes me consider a gasser daily driver but I just don't know if I could bring myself to do it. :(

Yeah i know what ya mean. i bought a 91 Ford f250 gasser it was great in the winter for warm up and beating on in general but its not near what driving a diesel is thats for sure.