New Borg Warner

Norcaldrifter

Stuck..
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Got excited about these turbos. Efr series from BW. been talkin bout them on a car forum. They aren't available for sale yet but they use a new compound turbine wheel that is, BW claims 50% lighter than traditional wheels. And the thing has a built in wastegates AND blow off valve to stop "turbo bark" better known as compressor surge. Oh and a SS exhaust housing. They were showcased at SEMA this year and some guys that are very very knowledgeable about turbos said they believe the 50% lighter wheel after picking one up. Looks promising. I've seen some dyno results for a 4cyl 2.2L evo engine. At one point it made 700hp 700tq at the same rpm wich is alot of torque for a small engine that. Full race will carry them so we will see on the price but hopefully BW sticks to it's legendary bang for your buck pricing. The 67mm is supposedly capable of flowing 95lb :happy2:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613342

THOUGHTS for diesel application?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have been looking into getting them for the last month , word is they wont be available for sale for another year for the smaller size's and the one i want the 68mm wont be for sale for possible 2 years , they technically only made few one off's and are no where near production. I think they are going to be pretty cool though when they do hit the market.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
these are basically BW's answer to the GTX series... i was taking to a rep from forced inductions about them the other day :thumb: nothing but awesome:D

from what he predicted basically he thought th would be priced near BB garretts but well below the GTX garretts

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Hmm full race made it sound that they were closer to sale...

I have 2 ordered right from BW , I'll let you know when they show :D , but was told the time lines I posted just this afternoon.

these are basically BW's answer to the GTX series... i was taking to a rep from forced inductions about them the other day :thumb: nothing but awesome:D

from what he predicted basically he thought th would be priced near BB garretts but well below the GTX garretts

the prices I have seen so far are pretty close to the GTX line , a little cheaper but the turbo is smaller than the one being compared to so.........

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I have 2 ordered right from BW , I'll let you know when they show :D , but was told the time lines I posted just this afternoon.

the prices I have seen so far are pretty close to the GTX line , a little cheaper but the turbo is smaller than the one being compared to so.........

hmmm....you would think to make in impact they would have to be decently cheaper then the gtx's....after all if they were the same i think most people would go garrett...

oh well..guess we'll have to wait and see for sure