New best

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Since my truck is still down and I've been itching to do some racing, we took dad's truck out to the ODRA/NADM/Dr. Performance drag racing event at the Texas Raceway 1/8 mile track in Kennedale, TX today. First run out was a 9.42 @ 72.25 MPH. I asked dad if he wanted to turn it up some or run it, and he said turn it up. I started bumping it up a little at a time trying to get an 8 second slip. Try as I may, I just couldn't get it. I was doing some bracket racing and hit the brakes on what I'm pretty sure would have been an 8 second slip. Here's the best slip and the one that should have been the best.

60'-1.949
330-5.780
MPH-58.20
1/8-9.007
MPH-75.50

60'-1.954
330-5.774
MPH-58.46
1/8-9.237
MPH-63.49

Everything I've seen says that should be right around a 14.0 or a 13.9 in the 1/4. The truck is a 4x4 CC Dually LMM. We weighed it after we got home, and it crossed the scales at 8180 just like it raced (except probably 5 gallons less diesel after the 100 mile drive). The only mods are MBRP single 4" downpipe back for the DPF delete and EFILive tuning.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Cool Josh. Nothing like a little family racing to make for a fun day!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
......and did Dad know his truck would be racing? LOL Sorry, had to....

Congrats! Say, didnt you win that race? Glad you had fun.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
cool! post a pic of pops dually, I LOVE Duallys!!!
This is the only pic I have on my computer. I love duallys too. They're just sooo heavy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• loaded truck.jpg
    loaded truck.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 66

Texasmax

Sep 20, 2007
DFW-Texas
Yep, his father was there with him and looked very proud! JoshH had the truck dialed in and very consistant. I ended up breaking out in the first round:(:(

It would have been nice to have a duramax final here in Dodge country.

I did end up taking home a $250 voucher for the best reaction time!:treed:

Great to meet you Josh! Congrats

Dix

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
......and did Dad know his truck would be racing? LOL Sorry, had to....

Congrats! Say, didnt you win that race? Glad you had fun.
Yep, dad was there and very anxious to see the truck run an 8 in the 1/8 as well. He's a drag racer at heart (he made a few passes down the track last night) and a pretty cool dude. I told him next time we go (whether my truck is together or not), he has to do the bracket racing in his truck, but I may still do some test runs in it :D.

Yep, his father was there with him and looked very proud! JoshH had the truck dialed in and very consistant. I ended up breaking out in the first round:(:(

It would have been nice to have a duramax final here in Dodge country.

I did end up taking home a $250 voucher for the best reaction time!:treed:

Great to meet you Josh! Congrats

Dix

Was nice meeting you too, Dix. Congrats again on that .004 reaction time!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yes, I did a boosted 4wd launch. The truck was prepped by pulling in the gate and up to the line.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Nah, I raced my truck a bunch without sleeves or anything and never had any problems. As long as the bars aren't cranked up a bunch, the wheels have a stock offset, and the launch is smooth, there shouldn't be a problem. I was launching at about 2400 RPM and 15 lbs of boost for about 20 passes yesterday without a single problem. Knock on wood...

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Awesome, Dad sounded pretty proud of his truck. My dad has all the basic add ons but a lift pump and a trans. on his LLY. EFI, Gauges, Factech tie rods, cognito braces, 4" turbo back duals, mag-hytech pans, 20" wheels, custom paint etc. He's pretty proud of his truck too. :)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I was launching at about 2400 RPM and 15 lbs of boost for about 20 passes yesterday without a single problem. Knock on wood...

Wow these stock 6 speeds surprise me more and more. When they fist came out out it was "you need a TransGo minimum" even stock. I need to quit being nervous and lazy and go to the track.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I love racing. It's a rush when you get lined up next to the other guy and the lights start going. All you can do is focus on the tree and what you're doing. Then you take off and you're looking to see where the guy in the other lane is. You should really try it. Bracket racing is a whole new ball of wax. It's nice because a 12 second truck can race a 14 second truck and it's actually fair. Anyone can be competitive.