LMM: New 4" Exhaust Installed on Extended Van!!!

2001-GMC-LB7

01GMCDMAX
Jul 27, 2010
NWNJ
I have a 2008 Express 3500 extended cargo van and wanted to give it more power and better fuel economy.

I called and spoke with many sales people and suppliers of exhaust systems and NO Body had a system for the Vans!

Well let me enlighten all you Van Owners that there is a system that went onto my Van in about an hour (Friend has a garage with a lift) with very little modifications!

I bought a MBRP 4" Down-Pipe Back, Single Side Exit, (includes front pipe), T409 MBRP-S6004409 From MBRP web site:

http://mbrpexhauststore.com/s6004409-mbrp-4-down-pipe-back-single-ec-cc-2500-3500-01-07-5-t-409-ss

We removed old system, installed tail pipe, then to install front pipe cut welded on hanger off of pipe as close to pipe as you can, then trim tab off of trans bell housing that is there for no other reason but to get in the way of a bigger exhaust pipe.:confused:
Install front pipe. Install reused band clamp from downpipe and snug it up but do not tighten it yet.
They supply 3 - 4" pipe clamps with hangers welded onto them.
Get the mid length one and heat it up right where it goes in the hanger and turns down to the pipe clamp, twist this 90 degrees as this will slip into factory rubber mount on rear of trans then slip it around pipe and snug up bolts.
Install intermediate pipe with offset facing towards drive-shaft and slightly up.
Slip muffler onto this pipe and then slide tail pipe into other end of muffler.
I do not use pipe clamps!!!!
I bought 4" offset Band Clamps and installed them on each end of muffler and between front pipe and intermediate pipe.
Now take Long hanger pipe clamp and install this on intake side of muffer pipe and slip it into factory hanger.
Start at front and tighten Downpipe band clamp, tighten hanger clamp, tighten band clamps on pipes and muffler making sure Tail Pipe is pointing slightly down towards ground, tighten hanger clamp in front of muffler and you are finished!

1 last thing is to install, included in this kit was the Polished SS Tip.

I hope this helps any one looking to do this as I know I could not find ANY info and just figured I would try a system for a 2007 CCLB, CCSB that gave me the option to cut the pipe down if needed.

Also this system will include a short section of pipe with a hanger welded onto it. This was not needed as the lenth was perfect.

Sorry no pictures as we wanted to finish quick as he had another person coming for work and needed the lift.

If needed I could take some and post later if asked for some.

The sound is nice but Not loud at all. Some nice deep tones.
Fuel mileage will be checked.

ALSO BE ADVISED!!!

You WILL need a programmer or get a program to install so as to not set codes for differential pressure sensor and 2 thermo sensors that came off with old system.

I have EFI Live V2 programmer and installed updated file before driving van.
It set 4 codes with out even starting it before update was installed.

I had already had my file waiting... Thanks to Zach fuller @ StarLite Diesel.:thumb: