Need Help Please! LML Won't Start After Lift Pump Install

ka_emtLB7

Aug 13, 2016
SoCal
Need some help please!

Installed a new Airdog, All the lines are going to the correct places, followed the installation instructions, triple checked. Primed the pump, started the truck. It ran for about two minutes then shut off. Was able to get it started again for about a minute again, but since then could not get the filter head to prime.

Searched around, figured I would try rebuilding the filter head, as the truck has 98k. After a new rebuild with new fuel filter, (new seals on correctly) pumped the filter head about 400 times, have fuel coming into the filter head, even bled the bleeder screw still cannot get it to hold prime and even start.

Now, with my Fass on my old truck, there was a black oring that went onto the pickup tube of the fuel filter on the liftpump itself. I noticed that the airdog does not have this, only an oring on the outside lip. Not sure if it is supposed to be like that. And if it is not, is that the cause for my problems?

Truck is a 2013, still has the CP4, for now.

Thanks in advance for the help!

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
With the chance that you blew the cp4 same exact time as the lift pump install I’m going to take a guess and say you did something wrong. Is there fuel coming up to the filter with the lift pump on?

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
1. check all connections (fuel) again loosen and make sure flow is present, clear lines of debris. Reconnect.
2. make sure no excess fuel line exists...no loops or arc causing air gap.
3. need pressure gauge at pump and filter head...very helpful.
4. double check the factory filter...the slightest draw of air at the o ring will cause this. when primed filter will have a film of fuel on it
5. you used the supplied electrical ? i had a older pump wired backwards and it flowed in reverse...ran for two minutes then died noticed pressure was zero when on....
6. pressure screw set and tight? if loose it will move from vibration

like gmd said above betting on install issue not pump...keep looking youll figure it out

also have someone cranking engine while youre priming filter....then if it starts look for leaks...