My truck wont do a burnout?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
A little back story here. I almost never do burnouts as I know allisons hate them but a couple months ago at a local event they had a burnout competion and only like 4 trucks went so I said screw it and decided to enter only to realize that my truck would fall on its face to the point of sometimes shutting off when it went to shift! I didn't think much of it as I had just put in bigger injectors and thought maybe it needed retuned for them or something. Anyhow last night I was putting on new tires so I decided to destroy my old ones. I took it out and tried to burn them off and on the 1-2 shift it died down again, I tried a few more times and even tried shifting it manually with the same results every time! Any ideas?????

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Your truck is smarter then you are, and is telling you to stop. ;)

Seriously though, sounds like your de-fuel is way to aggressive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DmaxRvRrat

Mar 19, 2014
my pickup has always done this, stock and tuned. It even does it while spinning the tires on ice or grass. Feels like traction control sort of....pain in the a$$

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
my pickup has always done this, stock and tuned. It even does it while spinning the tires on ice or grass. Feels like traction control sort of....pain in the a$$

you probably still have the brake torque management parameter table still stock

DmaxRvRrat

Mar 19, 2014
It does it when the brake isn't applied though....and not always when it's going to shift. Acts like it defuels right after the tires start spinning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

you probably still have the brake torque management parameter table still stock

It does it when the brake isn't applied though....and not always when it's going to shift. Acts like it defuels right after the tires start spinning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theres a brake torque management where the ECM will limit torque output until the truck gets over a certain speed. It has no bearing on brake pedal input, but is relative to vehicle speed(and in the case of the rear tires spinning, the ECM will look for the speed input from the ABS for the front wheels). Also the TCM can limit fueling in a tire spin situation. I have logged this several times with my BURB with an 02 ECM OS and an 01 TCM OS. A traction control PID fro mthe TCM goes active, and the ECM defuels like a mofo when it does. Theres no ryme or reason when it does it, but does it the most if I get on it on wet roads and the RPM's flare really quick. I don't mind it as it helps to keep me straight when it does it. My burnout video was with the stock brake torque management enagged, but I had modified the torque limited inejction quantity. If it spins the tires up to quick though, it will still enagge the traction control paramaeter in the TCM and shut you down. Or at least my experience has proven this.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
If we are talking LB7S and LLYS and using DSP tunes look at the staging parameters of the tube and make sure they fuel delivery mm3 is not limiting fuel. What you are experiencing is torque management.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
This must vary truck to truck because my 05 is flat dangerous on a wet road. It'll spin all the way to the end of 3rd. Probably further if I let it. Same way in the mud. I tuned myself and did not mess with any torque parameters or defuel. Both internal trans and trans tune are totally stock except for earlier 5th gear converter lockup.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Before I disabled the Brake Tq my truck would do this sometimes. No rhyme or reason. It might blow the tire away or it might fall on its face. Never knew which it would do. Never saw it in the snow and ice but did in the mud.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
My LMM does the same thing, I hate it, my LLY didn't have it and I could blow the tires off. If you don't give up, it will do a burn out, tow haul, dont go full throttle until the converter locks in second when it finally stays there, I make mine do burnouts.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I tried destroying my toyos right before I replaced them last week and all I did was embarrass my self....... I even dumped a gallon of laundry detergent on them. I'm running duramax tuner set to kill a stock motor