my 1989 chevy project

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
here is some pics of my re-power project...man what a can of worms i've gotten myself into! (btw, the pic date is waaay off, just took those pics tonight and didn't realize the date was on)

Picture026.jpg

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
i'll keep this thread updated as i do more with it...but man is this a tight squeeze with just theengine, i hope the rest of the shit will fit in there. :eek:

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
correct a VE pumped (early model) cumminZ engine/tranny...what a bitch! NO room in these 1/2 ton frames for jack shit! :mad: even tho it had a 6.2L diesel!

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
thats alot of engine for a small frame,not?

it should do fine as it's not a high output set-up, stock VE pump engine 140hp 400 tq, the truck had a 6.2L diesel in it from the factory and the previous owner had an ATS turbo kit on it too boot! so i think it will do the job just fine as the 6.2L engines are pretty freakin heavy too!

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
finaly got the coin to pay for getting the drive shaft made, got that put in and made the tranny mount, and also have the A/C and ALT. brackets coming so i can put on the chevy stuffs on the cummins engine, i did drive it with out the alt down my road and back..so far so good!! :D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
finaly got the coin to pay for getting the drive shaft made, got that put in and made the tranny mount, and also have the A/C and ALT. brackets coming so i can put on the chevy stuffs on the cummins engine, i did drive it with out the alt down my road and back..so far so good!! :D

:nanawoot: