MLG vs MLG-K

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
How long till you get more of them in stock? Was pretty tempted to snag one this morning.

Dave is building them right now. Probably a week.
Another problem arose this morning. Since it take 2 different converters to make this; we have 50 of the medium cores as of now. Working on an answer to this.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I've got a new LL converter that I installed in Brians truck. It stalls out at 3000. So far it spools his bigger turbo better and it still couples well. The K stalls out at 2600 and is very streetable.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
The K converter stalls a little higher than the 1055.

How tight should a 1055 act pre boost when trying to stage? It is hard for me to get it to stall over 2000 rpm till I get a good bit of boost, it also flashes at 1600 rpm. Does that sound about right? It seems to couple very well, makes my s480 single DD great.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I've got a new LL converter that I installed in Brians truck. It stalls out at 3000. So far it spools his bigger turbo better and it still couples well. The K stalls out at 2600 and is very streetable.

It's awesome, converters keep getting better and better. my single S483/96/1.0 T4 spools great for a 96 turbine. My part throttle smoke has reduced and to me, it's easier to drive. I have a good feeling this converter is going to be "the one" for big single trucks.

You can put the same converter in 3 diifferent trucks with 3 different turbo/fuel/tuning setups and they will all stall and react a little different.

Agreed. A K converter in a big single truck reacts very differently than a K converter in a big twin kit.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
It's awesome, converters keep getting better and better. my single S483/96/1.0 T4 spools great for a 96 turbine. My part throttle smoke has reduced and to me, it's easier to drive. I have a good feeling this converter is going to be "the one" for big single trucks.

Agreed. A K converter in a big single truck reacts very differently than a K converter in a big twin kit.

Getting serious are we Brian?

How does the ML R compare? Thats what Caleb had in stock so thats what we put in my Dually. Given the chance I would have chosen a tigher one obviously but I dont see much difference being its always towing with converter locked.