March '24 Chat -- In like a Lion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Since Easter is in March this year, let’s talk about rabbit holes. I jumped down a good one with the Kodiak. I was going to wait on the weight loss and do the injectors first, but that didn’t happen. Got all the bad stuff off and the Pusher y-bridge on. Redoing the fuel lines with direct feeding the cp3 and obviously redoing the return lines. While the coolant tube was off anyways, I decided to put a van thermostat housing on. The van coolant hose works perfect on the Kodiak btw and has been the only thing I don’t have to modify. I also got rid of the factory turbo mouthpiece (which is slightly different on the Kodiak) for a better unit. With the addition of the y-bridge and mouthpiece, I will need to modify the cold side inter cooler tube and make adjustments for the air intake. Meanwhile, I still haven’t done the injectors yet. Nobody makes anything for these medium duties which makes 99% of everything a retro fit. So far the mouthpiece, EGR, fuel system and manifolds and up pipes are different.

Reactions: lutzjk913 and Dm23

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
4S = 16.8v peak and 14.8v average

18v Milwaukee should be better. But lopo does have the reputation for extreme current output

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Brought the above posts over from Corbin's for sale thread. Hot Rod PowerWheels are pretty cool. Kids have it so damn lucky nowadays when it comes to toys. We'd have got into huge trouble if we had things like that back then.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
4S = 16.8v peak and 14.8v average

18v Milwaukee should be better. But lopo does have the reputation for extreme current output

I already toasted something on the boys Jeep, switched between the 18v setup and a 12v pack I put together. The 18v is two Milwaukee 3.0 Batts in parallel, 12v pack is two 6v 12ah in series. The 12v setup has a pretty high initial power draw but the 18v obviously out runs it

Reactions: 2004LB7

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Power output and ability to charge super fast. My son is too old for the power wheels and has gotten into RC trucks and buggies now so we live and breath lipos. Lol..

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Power output and ability to charge super fast. My son is too old for the power wheels and has gotten into RC trucks and buggies now so we live and breath lipos. Lol..

How do they handle being discharged down to almost nothing? Have to keep an eye on the kids with the Milwaukee battery, they like to ride until it'll barely move and I've had one battery get to where it won't take a charge now. The 12v pack I put together are just sealed AGM so I can pull them right down to the bottom and put the battery tender on it

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My neighbors and I have talked about getting some old power wheels and doing downhill racing in them. We have decent hills on our property.
Not too expensive if you look in the right places. The Escalade we got for $25 because the power wheel battery was junk, and that's what most people price to replace it with $$. Got a quad for $10 because it wouldn't work unless you slammed the foot switch down, new $12 switch from Amazon and it's g2g

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Brought the above posts over from Corbin's for sale thread. Hot Rod PowerWheels are pretty cool. Kids have it so damn lucky nowadays when it comes to toys. We'd have got into huge trouble if we had things like that back then.
So true...
My kids have been spoiled with power wheels thanks to grand parents....
2 chevy pickups, 1 gator, 1 john deere tractor, 2 motor cycles...
They're all over my place and it drives me NUTS!!!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
How do they handle being discharged down to almost nothing? Have to keep an eye on the kids with the Milwaukee battery, they like to ride until it'll barely move and I've had one battery get to where it won't take a charge now. The 12v pack I put together are just sealed AGM so I can pull them right down to the bottom and put the battery tender on it
Jump the bad battery with a good battery. Put a wire from positive to positive, and negative to negative for a few minutes. Then put it on the charger right after

Status
Not open for further replies.