MAF sensor problems

nedesmspede

which one can i pull dad
Dec 7, 2007
Oakdale,CA
Can anyone tell me how to recalibrate my MAF sensor because I move to a larger custom intake and move my MAF sensor and the truck has absolutely no power:(. Any tips would be appreciated thanks.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The actual air flow would be based on the area difference between the two intakes where the MAF sensor is placed. For instance, OEM = 4" diameter =12.56 sq-in and maybe an aftermarket might be 5" diameter = 19.63 sq-in. So for a given MAF voltage reading, there is 1.56 times more air flowing.

The problem is, EFI limits the darn grams/second in B0201 so the fix is more complicated than it should be and makes you pick one of two options. You can multiply the Grams/sec in B0201 by the ration between new and old and just accept the clipping in the max value, of you can go to all the tables that use the MAF value, and shift the values knowing that an index of 1.00 grams/sec would actually be 1.56.

nedesmspede

which one can i pull dad
Dec 7, 2007
Oakdale,CA
Ya i have a Gt 42 chargher and i had an ats intake which is about 4" id and the new one is 5" exhaust pipe. Im not sure wat happened but i ran that intake last year and didnt mess with my tune and i put it on yesterday and it wouldnt spool at all

nedesmspede

which one can i pull dad
Dec 7, 2007
Oakdale,CA
So if you were in need of changing everything you would multiply the numbers on the tables by your difference in airflow which for mine is 1.29.:confused:

Last edited:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Actually it's not really EFI that limits the table. I was told that 512g/s is the mathmatical limit of the LLY ECM. EFI does currently limit it to 500g/s, but it's not really much cut off.

Roc8man

May 8, 2008
While doing some searching on the internet last weekend on Duramax's, I saw a site that mentioned that the MAF can get contaminated by the oil used on wet filters like the K&N, AFe,.... It suggested to clean the MAF sensor with Carb Cleaner or similar. It may help with your power issues.

David

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I know I have unhooked my yellow MAF wire and the truck still runs fine, Just seems to have alot more fuela dn I cant read what the air # i'm moving past it.

On to a ? I have if I have the gt4094 in the valley and mount a gt4718 just under the cab behind the pass side seat and run the air filter into the bed under the soft cover with moving the MAF sensor back there and adding wire to the factory wire to make it long enough how would you tune for this move???