Low Oil Pressure LMM

LLYD_MAX

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach S.C.
so it seems having some low oil pressure issues with my lmm. I know the lmm is known for having low oil pressure sometimes but is there anything you can do to fix it? the low oil pressure warning light keeps coming up every time I tow something. It did it twice today when I was towing about 5k lbs at about 65mph and it getting annoying. I just changed the oil about 200 miles ago so I know the oil is in good shape and the level is normal.

My question is it just the sender itself reading low? Or is it because its 90*F outside right now? Or does the truck need a bigger oil cooler? Or maybe all 3? I never have this problem with my lly has 3x the oil pressure my lmm does. Anyone else having this problem?

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
Did u log it the with scan tool just to make sure??? I put an oil cooler on and it works great, added a little more psi and cools much quicker after pulling a long grade....

LLYD_MAX

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach S.C.
had this problem on an lmm im working on now in a 5500 and ended up being a broken crankshaft...hope u have better luck.

Was the motor running smooth and all and just had low pressure?? How do you tell if the crank is broken, im assuming you can look at the balancer and see if its wobbling or anything???

LLYD_MAX

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach S.C.
Did u log it the with scan tool just to make sure??? I put an oil cooler on and it works great, added a little more psi and cools much quicker after pulling a long grade....

I havent logged it yet. Ill log a run tomorrow and see what goes. What kind of aftermarket oil cooler are you running??

LLYD_MAX

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach S.C.
No warranty? What weight oil? I would also check it with a manual gauge, maybe the sending unit is out of whack.

Im pretty sure the warranty was voided when I took the DPF off and tuned the truck. The oil is 15W40 rotella. Im in the process of getting a manual gauge to check and see if the sending unit is reading wrong.

I should have just bought another LLY instead of this LMM. Its always somthing with this truck :mad: