LB7: Low Oil Light

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Hey guys, just installed a new Fleece 750 in my truck over the weekend, truck runs great but had a couple things come up after we got I backed it out of the shop. Low oil light came on (oil level is fine) and oil pressure gauge went all the way over to 120psi (stepper motors have been acting goofy for awhile but always seemed to read fine before cp3 install). I have not had a chance to diagnose the sensor, but just was wondering if they could be related at all? We did have an oops halfway through and the + wire going to the alternator came in contact with a wrench sitting on the driver side battery -, negative cables were disconnected.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The sub-harness that runs down to the oil level sensor is near the passenger accessory bracket right near where the 2nd alternator would go. It might have been disturbed messing with the CP3. I seem to recall the oil pressure sensor runs through the same harness. Maybe it got pinched?

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Best bet to undo the harness? Messed around with it this evening and didn’t have much luck, I followed the wires and tried to move them around but didn’t find anything that seemed to change the light, still need to jump the connector at the pan but wires were good going to it

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What did you remove and move around when you changed that cp3? Go over anything you touched or moved

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
What did you remove and move around when you changed that cp3? Go over anything you touched or moved

Let’s see, battery negatives, intake, drained coolant, belt, ac compressor, t-stat housing, un did charge pipes up top, various connectors to get harness out of the way, intake horn, y-bridge, removed pump, modified connector for lbz regulator, then put back together, I am also getting a P0380 code for glow plug, have no idea if it has anything related, I’ll try to go over it some more tomorrow