LB7: Lopey Idle - P0193 Code

AgLiftPilot

Sep 18, 2017
Fayettenam, NC
Just got done installing new injectors and a FASS lift pump. Now I have an extremely lopey Idle and a P0193 code. I've traced wires, plugged and unplugged connections, checked for bent pins, and found nothing that appears wrong.

The FPR is a brand new Bosch LB7 Fuel Pressure Regulator that I installed while I was in there deleting all the Cali EGR stuff.

Fuel rail pressure on my edge tuner is indicating max at 26k where desired is what it should be at idle.

Ive tried unplugging the FASS and Edge tuner with no change. I've also plugged in another FPR I had to make sure the plug works. I can hear the FPR actuating so I know it's getting power.

When the engine is revved above 1k RPM, it seems to run smooth but the fuel rail pressure doesn't change.

Is there is troubleshooting of the fuel rail pressure sensor that I can do aside from checking for 5v in the plug?

I've been searching for a day now and tried every lead I found on the interwebs. Any help would be awesome.

JRein

Aircraft Mechanic's Hero
Sep 26, 2015
LRAFB, Arkansas
Here's what's up
1de3c43673f38e93a396ff4f6e07688e.jpg
4407559ca4efaf0e51da3c6661a4b92a.gif
1ee2be488fe46dfd15824626713fafec.gif
041985620bc1e3e34bb051e6b0eabf22.gif
1fe71511d78cd14b46848749932e7a2e.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

AgLiftPilot

Sep 18, 2017
Fayettenam, NC
That is what's up. After you posted that test I spent a couple hours with a multimeter probing the pins and running through things. Finally got down to using a 3 amp fused jumper which tested good so that left a faulty connector or sensor. Decided to try plugging it in to see if all the poking and prodding did anything and sure enough, actual FRP was back at zero instead of 16.2k with the sensor plugged in. Gave it a go just to see and she fired right up putting like a kitten smoother than I can remember. :woott: Thanks JR!

AgLiftPilot

Sep 18, 2017
Fayettenam, NC
Not completely done with this yet. I was tidying up things today and while wrapping the pressure sensor wires back up with loom from inspecting last night, one of the wires pulled out. It came out pretty easily too so I'm not surprised if it was making a bad connection before inside the connector causing my issue. Will have a new pigtail in the morning from NAPA and can wrap things up tomorrow night.

In case anyone needs needs this pigtail in a pinch, it's the same as a camshaft sensor connector on other cars. My local NAPA was able to get it from another store overnight. I found the same pigtail made by other manufacturers available at Pep Boys, Advanced, and AutoZone. Just search for camshaft position sensor pigtail and match up the picture. Helps to filter by a 3 wire connector.

NAPA part #: EC956

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHEC956