Locked ecm ?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
some tuners lock their tunes or your ecm so that their tunes can't be distributed to anyone else other than a paying customer. so you are sol my friend

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
If you can do without the truck for a couple days I would talk to your tuner and see if they will let you one day the ECM to them for them unlock and throw a stock tune in and send back to you one day as well

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
its duramaxtuner. Hell probably just ask what you dont like, or why you want it unlocked and offer to change the tuning instead of you going to another tuner

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
So tell him you want your ECM unlocked and turned back to stock and you don't want his tuning anymore...not that hard. Or buy another ECM is your only alternative as far as I know

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Didn't know that...thanks Nick that may be the winning ticket for him. Now once it rewrites the ECM with a stock file can you reflash over that with whatever tune you want?

thodge

Oct 17, 2010
des moines ia
Thats what i thought. Just didnt know if i could do something with a tech 2. Looks like ill have to take it out the truck and send it to him.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Once the ecm is locked the seed key is altered, EFI-Live gives you the ability to generate a five digit code from 00001 thru 65,000 either in hex or in regular digits.

Hex might be $A9F4 which will be a key or you could simply enter a key of 19550 or anything you want.

Once the key has been changed the read or write function cannot begin until it has the right seed key number, which means you are SOL with a TECH2 as well.

LB7 and LLY ecm's have to manually locked, LBZ and LMM can have a patch applied for a single tune OS or a DSP5 is locked by EFI-Live by default.

Good Luck,

:thumb:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I have an LB7 ECM that was locked. GM tech who is a friend of mine tried flashing over it at his dealership and it did not work. After giving up, it still operated the truck just fine and all 5 tunes still worked. Sitting on my shelf though:mad: