LB7: Locked ECM help

Jpbrienp

Feb 6, 2013
NC
I'm trying to flash a new tune over an existing tune on an lb7. I'm trying to full flash and its telling me that the key is invalid. Any ideas. It looks like the previous tuner locked the tune?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm trying to flash a new tune over an existing tune on an lb7. I'm trying to full flash and its telling me that the key is invalid. Any ideas. It looks like the previous tuner locked the tune?

Are you using a new tune from SoCal? Whatever tuner locked it, you can ask him to take it off and unlock it, most tuners are pretty cool with it and will just ask for the tune back, but some won't unlock it and then you've got to get a new ECM.
Like I said a tech 2 won't unlock it...

You could also try this. In the underhood fuse block the bottom right has 3 fuses that are radio related. Pull those and try flashing it then. Make sure to try everything via efi

Jpbrienp

Feb 6, 2013
NC
It says invalid key. Thanks for the options. I think it's going to the dealer today to get flashed back stock.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
It says invalid key. Thanks for the options. I think it's going to the dealer today to get flashed back stock.

Dealership won't fix it. I've been thru this whole process. Save your time and money and just send it to guy at SoCal. Or if you don't believe me call him. He will explain it to you.