Lmm vs prius in a round about.

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
Short story long is I commute to Indiana from Michigan everyday for work. Indiana likes these damn round abouts. So I come up to round about look to my left as I should it's clear, look to my right and 200 feet I see IT (****ING WHITE PRIUS):mad: . I proceed with caution, prius at full speed goes for it in front of me. If I didn't know how to drive my truck would be totaled by that hybrid piece of shit. I take my truck fully onto the first curb while almost going up second wall. She swerved in front of me to go around the round about and I almost t-bone her. I finally see her through windshield(tinted windows)one hand talking on phone. I can't roal coal on Kory tunes which I really like, go smoke free. So I just drove to work. Guy works next to me saw whole thing said it was crazy to watch. Ol red got me through it. Thanks for listening.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I hate roundabouts too. Back in college, Arizona started getting a hardon for them. Depending on who you listen to, they are supposed to be more efficient for moving cars if everyone knows how to use them. And that's the rub-- no one knows how to use them. People are either too timid, or too aggressive, both of which slow everyone down and/or cause road rage (and sometimes, accidents, as you nearly found out).

Personally, I think a well-setup stoplight moves more traffic during peak periods than a roundabout, but roundabouts are nice in the middle of the night when no one is there so you don't have to stop. Or when you're a total tool and just go without looking any time of the day :spit:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dont even get me started on my opinion of roundabouts, or assholes on their phone while they drive. Just glad you are ok.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You guys
Lol

I love me a roundabout! They've ABSOLUTELY HELPED in our local area where they've been cleverly installed....there is one that sticks out in my mind tho...right by a school...that sucker gets backed up!

But what FUN they can provide!
Late at night, THERE IS NO OTHER ROAD FEATURE that can teach a guy how to drift, better than a nice roundabout:woott:
:thumb:

Heck, I'd practically hand money straight from my pocket for a couple more ;)

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Roundabouts have been spreading like wildfire up here where I live. They have their place but I COMPLETELY AGREE that no one knows how to use them. They're so simple that the average person can't figure it out haha. I see people not yielding when entering, then stopping and waving the next person in. Worst one I've seen (numerous times) is people literally turning left and going around the wrong direction because they needed to turn left.

At my old job I counted how many roundabouts I averaged in one day. With customer test drives it averaged about 67 roundabouts I had to deal with on a daily basis..... :barf::barf::barf:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Roundabouts have been spreading like wildfire up here where I live. They have their place but I COMPLETELY AGREE that no one knows how to use them. They're so simple that the average person can't figure it out haha. I see people not yielding when entering, then stopping and waving the next person in. Worst one I've seen (numerous times) is people literally turning left and going around the wrong direction because they needed to turn left.

At my old job I counted how many roundabouts I averaged in one day. With customer test drives it averaged about 67 roundabouts I had to deal with on a daily basis..... :barf::barf::barf:

Wholly cow man, that's a bit excessive...
I see/use about 3 a day, for a total of 6-9 roundabout adventures a day...
But sometimes, I'll go around one many, many times, for no real apparent reason...I don't know how to tally those into the equation :angel:

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
F*cking round abouts

Honestly I have none the main way I go. I had to hit bank and went down main rode to get work. F*ck me right but at least my baby is ok. She isn't crazy but she mine god bless Duramax/Allison and of course cheby/gmc.

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
Ol farm truck

picture.php

About to get ready for plow season.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Thankfully NJ has started to phase circles out, there are a few on back roads and what not but god damn they suck during peak summer months.

Idiots who are too afraid to use the skinny pedal ruin the circle appeal.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Thankfully NJ has started to phase circles out, there are a few on back roads and what not but god damn they suck during peak summer months.

Idiots who are too afraid to use the skinny pedal ruin the circle appeal.

I'll take poorly made round about over jug handles any day

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Round abouts leave safety up to the driver which is not good in this day in age. I see people everyday that can barely make it through a stop light intersection correctly. The worst is when someone can't get up to speed to safely to merge onto a highway on an on ramp. Everyone is to busy on there phones and riding in there own car instead of driving it.

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
bmw m3 tried coming out and around me on the same round about last night. Needles to say I flipped the switch up one notch and hammered down. All I could see was 2 headlights behind me trying to keep up but just couldn't. God bless Cheby and the USA

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
Don't get me started on plow season. I know a 08' sierra will destroy a f250 plow truck with minor dents and scratches.
We have one roundabout where I live and its a death trap. Like said, no one knows how to use them

Shit man I only wish that was the only truck I had to do. You see the loader and kabota in the back ground. Also
picture.php

All of these trust me it takes a while