Lmm u0101 tcm

duramax0001

Nov 12, 2017
Hey guys, I am need of some help diagnosing my TCM.

I have some pretty standard symptoms, a U0101 code (loss of comm with TCM), ABS light on, E Brake light on, no indicator under gear selection symbols, and I am stuck in what feels like third gear.

I haven't been able to find any issues yet, but here are the things I have checked.

-Grounds G102 and G103 cleaned and reconnected
-Harnesses removed, cleaned and replaced for the TCM and ECM
-Continuity confirmed between pins 9/69 and 10/70 in TCM
-0V confirmed at pins 9 and 69 in TCM harness
-12V confirmed at pins 10 and 70 in TCM harness
-I tried visually inspecting for shorted/open wires, but it seems futile with so many wires around the TCM/ECM

Is there anything else I could try? Is there a way to check for a faulty TCM without blindly replacing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
While you've given a good diagnostic list, you havent stated what year LMM, nor any list of mods or add-ons that might affect operations, is trans built or stock, etc.
I realize your frustration, but the more info you initially give, the more likely you'll get some help figuring it all out.

duramax0001

Nov 12, 2017
My apologies for leaving out my truck's info.
It is a bone stock 2009. The previous owner did install an intake and cat back exhaust though.

Thanks for the input Mike. I also assumed a bad TCM, but I would really like to confirm it somehow. Looks like I may just need to bite the bullet and get one though.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Unfortunately the only way to diagnose any computer is to install a know good one. You are on the right track my friend.