LMM TCM into an LBZ?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Will it work? I have a buddy that went camping out in the middle of nowhere and fried his TCM jump starting something. The dealer didn't have any TCMs or any LBZs they could pull one out of, but they do have a bunch of LMMs. Will their TCM work in his LBZ?

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Will it work? I have a buddy that went camping out in the middle of nowhere and fried his TCM jump starting something. The dealer didn't have any TCMs or any LBZs they could pull one out of, but they do have a bunch of LMMs. Will their TCM work in his LBZ?

It should, just pull his stock TCM file off GM website with use of his VIN number then load it into the LMM TCM. Right?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
It should, just pull his stock TCM file off GM website with use of his VIN number then load it into the LMM TCM. Right?

I dunno if it would work? I thought the LMMs no longer use the input speed sensor for lockup? Wouldnt that be in the TCM?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Don't think it will work. My Allison DOC program does not comunicate with the LMM and I will be working with Kent Moore to see why.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I ended up hauling the TCM out of my truck up there for him to use. Thanks for the info anyway.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
class 2 is 10.4kbps, used for inter-body comms on the GMT-800's and many other late 1990's-early/mid 2000's GM's

low speed GMLAN is 33.3 kbps, used for all inter-body communications on the GMT-900's and all new GM's

J1939 CAN (high speed comms used on 01-05 dmax between the ECM/TCM/GPCM) is 250kbps

high speed GMLAN (used for ECM/TCM/GPCM/EBCM/TCSM/ESC communication on the GMT-900's and new GM's) is 500kbps

I think I got all those numbers right, someone correct me if Im wrong.

ben

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
class 2 is 10.4kbps, used for inter-body comms on the GMT-800's and many other late 1990's-early/mid 2000's GM's

low speed GMLAN is 33.3 kbps, used for all inter-body communications on the GMT-900's and all new GM's

J1939 CAN (high speed comms used on 01-05 dmax between the ECM/TCM/GPCM) is 250kbps

high speed GMLAN (used for ECM/TCM/GPCM/EBCM/TCSM/ESC communication on the GMT-900's and new GM's) is 500kbps

ben

:cool:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

ben

Your such a geek Ben:rofl: But then again, I understand everything you posted so what does that make me :confused::D
But thanks for answering my question:hug:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
that I am not sure Dave...but the LMM TCM has to communicate with the body somehow?? :confused:

Doesn't the BCM have a GMLAN gateway? maybe it converts the HS GMLAN to LS GMLAN for the TCM?

Interesting... It has all the GMLAN connections, no Class2 (obviously), but it has a "ACC Wakeup SRL Data" on pin 43 that connects to the BCM, TCCM, GPCM and ECM. I wonder if that's it?

Last edited:

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Doesn't the BCM have a GMLAN gateway? maybe it converts the HS GMLAN to LS GMLAN for the TCM?

Interesting... It has all the GMLAN connections, no Class2 (obviously), but it has a "ACC Wakeup SRL Data" on pin 43 that connects to the BCM, TCCM, GPCM and ECM. I wonder if that's it?

pleas put more acronyms in your post. I am not confused enough.

:eek:

:D

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
GPCM = glowplug control module
ecm = engine control module
tcm =trans control module
bcm = body control module (the thing that basically runs the whole truck, lights, door locks, windows, steering wheel controls etc)
DDM = drivers door module (the driver side window switch assembly that controls the mirrors, windows, etc)
PDM = passenger door module
HSM/MSM = heated seat module/memory seat module
IPC = instrument panel cluster
TCSM = transfer case shift module
EBCM = electronic brake control module (ie, the ABS computer)
SDM = sensory diagnostic module (ie, the airbag computer)
RSA= rear seat audio (the controls for the back passengers)
CDX = cd changer
RSE = rear seat entertainment (ie, the factory dvd player)
VCIM = vehicle communications integrated module (ie, the onstar box)
DRR =digital radio receiver (ie, the XM box)
TBCM = trailter brake control module
ESC = electronic suspension control (ie, autoride on the escalades and denali's)

theres a couple others that Im forgettting, but those are most of them

ben

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
GPCM = glowplug control module
ecm = engine control module
tcm =trans control module
bcm = body control module (the thing that basically runs the whole truck, lights, door locks, windows, steering wheel controls etc)
DDM = drivers door module (the driver side window switch assembly that controls the mirrors, windows, etc)
PDM = passenger door module
HSM/MSM = heated seat module/memory seat module
IPC = instrument panel cluster
TCSM = transfer case shift module
EBCM = electronic brake control module (ie, the ABS computer)
SDM = sensory diagnostic module (ie, the airbag computer)
RSA= rear seat audio (the controls for the back passengers)
CDX = cd changer
RSE = rear seat entertainment (ie, the factory dvd player)
VCIM = vehicle communications integrated module (ie, the onstar box)
DRR =digital radio receiver (ie, the XM box)
TBCM = trailter brake control module
ESC = electronic suspension control (ie, autoride on the escalades and denali's)

theres a couple others that Im forgettting, but those are most of them

ben
FICM?

good post, this will be handy for some.