LMM lift pump?? DSP 5??

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I see in the schematics there is a fuel lift pump control pin on the LMM ECM, I will be running an AirDog and wonder if this can be programmed to control the pump, I have not looked but assume the pin/lead is not even populated in the ECM connector but that could be remedied, I thought I saw possible pump programming when I was looking at the program for my other 08 LMM truck

The second thing is the donor truck had DSP-5 what if any possible issues is this going to bring up, I am assuming I can plug in the ECM into my other 08 LMM and see if I can read it or if it is possibly password protected , I do not have my stand alone harness yet but would like to start looking at the ECM and possibly the TCM programming.

I have no idea what or who's programming device was used by the previous owner of the donor truck, but it had a DSP-5 control on the dash and the purple and black wire running the the ECM, what if I just want to run a stock tune? (and eliminate the DSP-5) Is it possible to run a VALET tune?
The truck will have a hydraulic winch so the "high idle" option sounds pretty good, lots of questions I know but I have to start somewhere.

The donor truck seemed to run fine when test running it so I am not afraid the ECM or TCM is damaged

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
From my research that is for transfer pump activation. I have yet to figure out how to activate it without a scan tool. But thanks for bringing it up again because I will do some digging in the bin files for it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mogman