lmm injector cleaning

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
So I'm thinking of doing a fuel injector cleaning and I purchased the cleaning solution from the dealer, but they told me after they sold me the solution that if I don't need to clean my injectors that I can ruin them is that correct I just figured that if they don't need to be cleaned that I would just be using (wasting) up the cleaning formula. Are they correct that I could damage something? The reason I'm wanting to do this is my fuel economy is low and well everything else I've done doesn't seem to be helping. I've replaced my air filter, cleaned the MAF. Is there something else I should do too?

Yes I am connecting directly into the fuel lines on the back of the engine vs dumping this stuff into the gas tank.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
If you are doing the cleaning where you go off the fuel line on the back of the motor you still need to mix it close to 50/50 with diesel in a small jug or you could potentially mess something up.

Don't listen to the dealer, mine told me that the cleaning solution is for gas only and that I would he back buying a motor from them if I used it... Well it worked pretty damn good because it smoothed out my idle and got my balance rates in check.

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
yea I was planning on mixing it accordingly. I'm not 100% sure I need this because I have no way of see what my balance rates are but my fuel economy has gone down the poop shoot I figured it can hurt till they told me that.
Truck still drives good just fuel economy is crap :-(. Full to empty about 325 not towing anything. was getting real close to 400

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Did you change where you buy your fuel recently? Different fuel stations can sometimes get different blends of fuel, affecting mileage... Happens up here alot.

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
no I use the same 1 or 2 depending on what I have going on.

In the past I've had issues with my truck doing into regen more early but I've determined that is due to the additives that I was putting into the gas tank. I was using sea foam or Kleen Diesel and man after 50 - 100 miles it would regen then again in 100-175 miles during that tank while I had the additives.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
no I use the same 1 or 2 depending on what I have going on.

In the past I've had issues with my truck doing into regen more early but I've determined that is due to the additives that I was putting into the gas tank. I was using sea foam or Kleen Diesel and man after 50 - 100 miles it would regen then again in 100-175 miles during that tank while I had the additives.

Okay, maybe not fuel quality related then...

Seeing as how the truck is for offroad use only;) why not delete the dpf?

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
Okay, maybe not fuel quality related then...

Seeing as how the truck is for offroad use only;) why not delete the dpf?

I have to run through emissions in Arizona and I have the strictest emissions possible from what I'm reading.

Also the sensor right before and after the DPF both show the normal temp to be around 540 driving down the expressway at 65 and that fluctuates heavily depending on acceleration so I don't think the DPF is clogged or faulty.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
That sucks...

Did you make any changes recently to the truck? Did the economy just go down the toilet all at once or over time?

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
That sucks...

Did you make any changes recently to the truck? Did the economy just go down the toilet all at once or over time?

All at once. Now something that I did just notice and just had changed last night so I am still waiting to see the results is 1 of my batteries only had 25% life left on it. I ran into an issue the other day trying to start it with remote start and it didn't. I just replaced both batteries so I'm waiting to see if that makes any difference as the manual says that it can cause lower fuel economy on a bad battery. Not sure if that is true or not but willing to try anything esp since batteries were still under warranty less than 1 year old.