LMM Headlights

m&mjenna

Mar 6, 2017
So We are all familiar with the failure of the headlights(low beam). So I've replaced bulbs then the pigtails works flawlessly for months then last week passenger light goes out, it was just loose, fixed it and I was on my way:thumb: until last night it was out again:mad:. Once again I fixed it but while I was fixing passenger light drivers light goes out same problem I fixed that and all good:thumb:. I drive to work(12 miles mostly highway) and the passenger light is out again.

Any ideas on how I can permanently fix this problem? It looks like the lights just eat themselves connector is burnt up a bit. Could replacing the pigtail and bulb at the same time work? Just looking for a little insight my inspection is due next month so I wanna get this figured out.:mad:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I put grease in the socket. Seems to keep the corrosion down which causes resistance, heat and failure. Haven't had one go out for years

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Where are you getting your pigtails? Cheap parts store pigtails are junk.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Are all the big 3 having them s issue? Seems like all my GMs have been melting pig tailes for the last 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m&mjenna

Mar 6, 2017
Just an update on my situation back in august I got a couple new bulbs and some socket grease took out the old bulbs then but some grease on all the connectors of the pigtails no issues up to this date.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
See, I knew it would work. :thumb:

By the way, I just use regular ol bearing grease. None of that fancy "socket" stuff. I'm sure it will work fine for you though

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i have the original set out of my 09 LMM if you want them for cheap? I went with the junk SPIDER LEDs and sold the truck with them so the OEMs are in the big Spider box so i can ship to you. What state?