lml vs lbz

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Considering I am most concerned with making power, still getting decent mileage, and how power feels from the size of the truck is the lml still a better option than an lbz?

I can buy a 16k mile lbz for $35.9K, and I would want to build the trans, and likely run a fleece cheetah. I feel like the weight advantage of the lbz over the lml is significant in terms of how the power feels in both trucks.

Or is the lml the better truck overall? Cheapest I can find is 40K with 50k miles. Trans would still need built to hold 600hp.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
If you want to swap turbos forget the LML. Otherwise it is hands down a better truck than any lbz, stock tuned against stock tuned the LML will walk all over the lbz...

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Im definitely not comparing stock for stock, with a built trans and turbo I think the lml will make more but it weighs more.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I love my lml with my 'aftermarket' turbo.. On my street tune I can walk away from my brothers deleted lml on his max effort tune..

But honestly if I could get a 16k mile lbz like I wanted I would pry do that, I love that model/style truck..

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
From a longevity perspective I'd chose the lbz 10/10 times, done plenty of cp4 grenaded trucks that required a new fuel system. If you'd be cp3 swapping it then forget what I said.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Since I have/had both and Both have/had fully built transmissions its apples and oranges.

LML for size, comfort, towing, features, hands down an awesome truck.

Tuning wise the LBZ is a much better platform, no DPF, no underboost problems like LMM's have with aftermarket chargers, no issues really with LBZ's.

If I could put an LBZ motor in my 2012 Denali LML it would have been done already.

I would say if you want to go fast with less issues get the LBZ

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Thanks for the input guys. Im thinking the same.

LML without a doubt is a stout and comfortable truck, but I am performance minded and rarely tow. Most of the new truck from all makes do not appeal to me like an lbz.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Personally id get a lb7 if shooting for power. Lbz for reliability. Lml for comfort. I just got a 06 with 34000 miles. That seemed low.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Comparing the LML vs the LBZ for what you are talking the lbz hands down. I own a lml as well. I like a lot of things about it but the lbz would be the better performer. There us approximately 800 lbs difference between the two trucks and the platform for tuning is there on the lbz compared to the lml. For a daily driver and such I do like my lml truck. I have my performance truck in the reliable lb7 triples truck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm gonna go lml... I know the tuning is completely there yet like lbz. But if I was gojng to be driving one a lot and I had the choice id go lml with some mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
If you want to swap turbos forget the LML. Otherwise it is hands down a better truck than any lbz, stock tuned against stock tuned the LML will walk all over the lbz...

I think the only chargers folks were having problems with were the big vgts in the beginning.... Pretty well all issues I think are ironed out now.

My race truck is a LBZ though. I have this fully built LML I may stick in a pro mod or dragster here before long, maybe at that point we can learn all the hurdles of these monsters!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
None around me for 36 unless it is high mileage. I got my 13 for 39k with 39000 on Tuesday clock. That's a very good deal here in Florida. It was like new in all aspects too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I think the only chargers folks were having problems with were the big vgts in the beginning.... Pretty well all issues I think are ironed out now.

My race truck is a LBZ though. I have this fully built LML I may stick in a pro mod or dragster here before long, maybe at that point we can learn all the hurdles of these monsters!

That's good to know Kory. Thanks for letting me know, now your tempting me to keep the 15. :)

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
This^^ 36 will buy a damn fine lml

Cheapest lml is 42k around me, I can get a 15 for 45k with very low miles, but thats alot for me considering its completely stock.

I think I just prefer the truck Ill have more fun with, and that seems like the lbz once tuned and a built trans is in.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
i would buy a built truck but I never see any for sale in a ccsb. Not even an lb7 which I would consider