LLY water pump issue possibly?

hypforlife32

May 8, 2016
no, it was normal. put it this way...its way softer overnight then right after i drive it. Overnight i dont feel any pressure on the hose. i just watch the coolant move around in the bottle. I think it was my stupity that i checked it immeditley after i drove. Idk why i would do that :facepalm:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Eh it happens lol. Have you tried a new rad cap? If the current one isn't relieving at the proper pressure it could build enough to push past the water pump seals possibly.

hypforlife32

May 8, 2016
I have tried a new cap, maybe take the washer bottle off and throughly clean it and the cap. I am going to re replace the water pump this sunday because merchent is sending me a free one. also replacing the lower radiator hose. I bought a brand new GM Coolant cap.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So did you bother to check the little 4" long hose just above the balancer like I posted?

hypforlife32

May 8, 2016
Yes I did. I didn't see any leaks coming from there. Would there be my harm using a coolant dye kit to see were its coming from and trace it that way?

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Just did mine a few months ago & have a leak. It's coming from the connection on the rear of the pump going to the oil cooler. Dann NAPA paper gaskets. Should've reused the OE one.

Run it hard till she's good & up to temp. Then shut it down & crawl under & find out where it's coming from

hypforlife32

May 8, 2016
Just did mine a few months ago & have a leak. It's coming from the connection on the rear of the pump going to the oil cooler. Dann NAPA paper gaskets. Should've reused the OE one.

Run it hard till she's good & up to temp. Then shut it down & crawl under & find out where it's coming from

Which connection is that? It looks to be around the water pump area

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The two-stud/nut connection to the pipe to the oil cooler. It runs from the back of the pump along the block side to the cooler.

hypforlife32

May 8, 2016
inremeber I had a tough time getting that bolt torqued right cause of limited space. Maybe it wasn't torqued correctly and loosened a little. I'll have an oppurtuniyy to check it all out Sunday