Lly/lb7 rebuild

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
So my lly cracked a piston I'm assuming. (Haven't pulled out or apart) but it blew the oil gill cap off the engine when it went. So I bought a lb7 engine to use for the short block. Unknown miles just told the cp3 was bad so the guy parked it. Pulled heads and the cylinders look good. Just curious as to opinion on wether I should go ahead and strip it down and ring it and put bearings in? Was thinking a new oil pump and l5p oil cooler regardless. It will be getting a 10mm or 12mm pump, 100% injectors and a s369sxe on top. So what's the opinion of everyone?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I'd Strip it down, put new bearings and rings in it.. around me you can get the block hot-tanked for ~100.00

FWIW generally stock pistons/rods don't last long at the fuel/air level you plan on running.

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
I have the stuff bought to build a motor. Balanced stock crank, lbz rods delipped lb7 pistons fluid damper and bd flex plate. With a new stock cam. Would I be better off just doing that and not trying to rering this motor? Just use the block and build it with these parts?

Also main studs? Necessary or am I still too low hp ability to need them

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I have the stuff bought to build a motor. Balanced stock crank, lbz rods delipped lb7 pistons fluid damper and bd flex plate. With a new stock cam. Would I be better off just doing that and not trying to rering this motor? Just use the block and build it with these parts?

Also main studs? Necessary or am I still too low hp ability to need them

What the goal? Get the truck up and running quickly? Or do you have time for it to be done for building the engine?

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
What the goal? Get the truck up and running quickly? Or do you have time for it to be done for building the engine?
Truck has been down since Thanksgiving of 22. More than anything I wanted to just throw this lower end in it and get it running so I had another truck to rely on and drive to haul kids. But it's been this long wouldn't hurt to take a little longer i guess.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
If your gonna build it use the crank and pistons, throw a set of the Callie's rods in. They are really hard to bet at 1100