LLY Ficm

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Those yellow and green ones should be the J1939 lines
Those are canbus, and is what we would cut 1 to determine if they will run without data.. pretty certain i tested that years back, and they will run without those canbus wires, but not the blue one...

So if you can find a safe way to remove a yellow or green pin, so can cause open circuit once running, would be helpful.. It won't damage anything if canbus goes down, but not sure where there is easy break in harness to test this.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I left LA for a reason 😂. I actually wouldn't mind doing a little road trip. But I'd have to plan more then that to justify it. If only I needed my transmission built right now 😁
I am telling you fly in , and fly the FFFFF out same day!!!

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Those are canbus, and is what we would cut 1 to determine if they will run without data.. pretty certain i tested that years back, and they will run without those canbus wires, but not the blue one...

So if you can find a safe way to remove a yellow or green pin, so can cause open circuit once running, would be helpful.. It won't damage anything if canbus goes down, but not sure where there is easy break in harness to test this.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I forgot How to use the scope to achieve what you guys want...

Who want to walk me through it?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Is that about 1.5 volts being pulled to ground? Or are the peaks being cut off? May need to adjust the scale

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Is that about 1.5 volts being pulled to ground? Or are the peaks being cut off? May need to adjust the scale
Well, I managed to get everything Ken asked for. He wired me some money so now he owns the data. He just needs to confirm on an LB7. I think he should have it figured out in a day or 2.

I think I know some one who might be able to X-ray the board. I need to make some calls to find out for sure.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Actually just getting ready to look at that captured data off the blue wire in bit more detail. Next we need a comparison off an LB7 truck using Snapon scope or similar, then we do a side by side. I'm getting ready to search for a truck now. But if anyone has a LB7 handy, and scope to check a couple wires, please join in the fun.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I am not sure how to answer if it's being pulled to ground. Maybe the scale is off like you said??? 🤷‍♂️

Ken did he say he would sell the info for $10... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: