lift pump filters

WestTXgMonkay

Jul 2, 2013
Okay, after endless hours of searching and researching I figured I'd just ask.

What filters are you guys running on yar lift pumps?

It seems like nobody can agree on the micron ratings for some of the available replacement filters (cat, baldwin, donaldson). Or they get bashed for no apparent reason in other forums.

Its often said that you get what you pay for. The baldwin filters run about $10 a piece. While the donaldson and cat run upwards of $20 . But the baldwin have the smallest micron rating.

Thinking of just buying the donaldson since fass just rebrands them now and sells them as their own.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
I've looked around a lot on the forums for the same question you have and it almost comes down to what is easiest for the person to get between the Cat, Donaldson and Baldwin filters. I've also read that Baldwin makes some of cats filters and that cat filters aren't a True 2 micron I think it's more like 4? Can't remember off hand but I do believe they are better than stock no matter what route you go

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I have a geenric 1"X14 filter base before mine, and I run a 19 micron water sperating spin on filter with a drain, and then the factory metal type coalescing filter at the engine. Seems to work fine so far. The last engine filter I did with 10K miles on it looked brand new, so I'm going to stretch them out to 25K miles now, and change the pre filter every 10K since they're cheap.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Couple interchange filter numbers in my notes if it helps anyone..

Air Dog Lift pump filter numbers

Fleetguard
5 micron ff-5587
10 micron ff-5617
Or fuel filter ff-5613 2 micron
Water separator fs-19768

Napa fuel filter 3626

WIX 33626 fuel filter

Wix water sep.. 33616

Fuel filter 33626

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Anyone have flow specs that these filters are rated for? Finding a 3 micron filter that flows 150gph and still keeps the same filtration is near impossible.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Couple interchange filter numbers in my notes if it helps anyone..

Air Dog Lift pump filter numbers

Fleetguard
5 micron ff-5587
10 micron ff-5617
Or fuel filter ff-5613 2 micron
Water separator fs-19768

Napa fuel filter 3626

WIX 33626 fuel filter

Wix water sep.. 33616

Fuel filter 33626

Do you know the micron rating of the Wix? They are easiest for me to get.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I have a bunch of filters for my POS airdog thats currently broken!!!!! I swear I'm gonna rip that POS out and run it over...multiple times. I knew I should of just bought the FueLab :mad: ...the thought of liftpumps aggravates me right now. :D. I might have 3 sets of airdog filters for sale cheap if I ditch this POS.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I've always ran Baldwin on my Airdog. I run a 1R-0750 CAT after the lift pump. Not sure how great they filter everything, but haven't had any fuel system problems and make around 1,100hp with two stock CP3's that were still holding rail pressure perfectly

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
That's fine if you keep extras on the shelf, but if you need one ASAP your (Generally) shit out of luck, Hence why I originally started looking at interchangeable filters..

I get my airdog filter off amazon prime and it shows up before I even get home if I order it in the morning. :woott:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I get my airdog filter off amazon prime and it shows up before I even get home if I order it in the morning. :woott:

That's great! :thumb: I use to always get mine off E-Bay and it took 4-6 days to get them, hence why I looked into local alternatives.

I'm surprised to read all the negative about air dog pumps lately, I had great luck with my two that I bought in 08 and to my knowledge are still going. Makes me wonder if the quality has gone down hill in recent years or if I was just lucky:confused:

DewDewMax

Drive fast, take chances
Jul 9, 2014
Sudbury Ontario
I have a bunch of filters for my POS airdog thats currently broken!!!!! I swear I'm gonna rip that POS out and run it over...multiple times. I knew I should of just bought the FueLab :mad: ...the thought of liftpumps aggravates me right now. :D. I might have 3 sets of airdog filters for sale cheap if I ditch this POS.

I want to know how you really feel !:roflmao:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I'm surprised to read all the negative about air dog pumps lately, I had great luck with my two that I bought in 08 and to my knowledge are still going. Makes me wonder if the quality has gone down hill in recent years or if I was just lucky:confused:

Me too. I've had mine since 2010-2011 era and have zero trouble with it. Read they switched motor manufacturers or something like that and quality tanked.