Lets talk air filters quick - BANKS synthetic filter?

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
My truck has had a banks cai since 08'. I want to get a new filter for piece of mind, which I figured would be easy. Well, I did some simple searching to see whats all out there now, because in my mind I wanted to get a paper filter from S&B. I see BANKS now offers a synthetic dry filter, one that can still be washed, but requires no oil. Anyone have any opinions on their synthetic filter?

I like the idea behind this vs the traditional oiled (K&N). The cotton shrinks from washing etc.. Cleaning the MAF never bothered me much. But this BANKS filter has me a bit intrigued. Sales pitch, or is it for real???

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Not sure how they compare but I ran an AFE dry synthetic washable filter in my LB7. Seemed to clog up quickly. Maybe that was good, better filtration?

With the filter minder getting pulled down it seemed like I was cleaning it every month. I don't recall my stock paper filter ever pulling the minder into the red

Then I tried out the K&N, worked just as good as the others, no dusting on the intake. And never pulled the minder down. Didn't ever have any maf issues with it. Washed it maybe once every 6 months