Lets see your pullers on your trailer...

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Im going to be purchasing a gooseneck trailer in the near future to haul my truck to the pulls next year and figured why not see everyone else's set up. Id like to do this once and dont want to kick my self in the tail later on. Any words of advise ahead of time on something I should defiantly get/look for please let me know.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
DSC01277.jpg

deb7e24b.jpg

:roflmao:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Are you planning on having a pit vehicle in the future? Ive been looking at the peirced frame trailers, i like how they set lower to the ground, and their easier to load, ive also been looking at hydraulic tilts, but man theyre pricey. Just make sure you dont short yourself for the future if you plan on hauling more.

Attachments

• puller.jpg
    puller.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 509

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Are you planning on having a pit vehicle in the future? Ive been looking at the peirced frame trailers, i like how they set lower to the ground, and their easier to load, ive also been looking at hydraulic tilts, but man theyre pricey. Just make sure you dont short yourself for the future if you plan on hauling more.

I'd like something lower also. My problem is I don't really want a goose neck, I know they pull better but I don't like being trapped to using one vehicle to tow. Wish I knew where the better pics of my truck were.

Attachments

• IMG00642-20110921-1954.jpg
    IMG00642-20110921-1954.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 452

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Tilt deck gooseneck would be ideal, IMO... I have been using a 28' gooseneck (25' deck 3' Dove) It tows great and when pulling with another D-max you hardly know the truck or trailer are behind you.. I dont have any pics of my truck going to the pulls but I have one with my truck broke and sitting on the trailer.

D-Maxontrailer.jpg

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Tilt deck gooseneck would be ideal, IMO... I have been using a 28' gooseneck (25' deck 3' Dove) It tows great and when pulling with another D-max you hardly know the truck or trailer are behind you.. I dont have any pics of my truck going to the pulls but I have one with my truck broke and sitting on the trailer.

D-Maxontrailer.jpg

Thats what i want, but used models are selling for 12k or so. Kinda Pricey, you would have to have a winch, cause if its wet, you couldnt drive the truck up on it either.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY

Yeah I was thinking of maybe a golf cart with a carryall for now. I have been looking at the Kaufman trailers seeing they are priced right. I was thinking of getting a 24' deck and 4' dove 10k trailer similar to yours. What length deck is your trailer? I travel kinda far for each pull seeing there are none here on Long Island so Id like to be overkill with the trailer. Thanks for everyones input!

Sent from my EVO

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
28 might be cutting it close, the one in the pic is a 30+5. Im looking at Big Tex 28+5s. That will leave just a little space between the Terex and my truck, with the 35fter we can park the terex straight if we want too.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Here's a pic of a16' trailer my friend let me borrow this year. It's way to small but it got the job done. There was a pull that day but i didn't go because we got 2' of snow the day before. Hahahaha

I'm in the market for a 30'+ gooseneck or Tagalong for next year.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323539385.224509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323539385.224509.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 394

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Johnathancasey how much lift in that black truck? Any issues with claerance between the trailer and bedsides? What brand trailer? Thanks

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Johnathancasey how much lift in that black truck? Any issues with claerance between the trailer and bedsides? What brand trailer? Thanks

Quoting him so I apologize if it comes off incorrectly, "The truck has an 8" Fabtech lift with 38 x 15.50's pulling a 40 ft Texas Bragg trailer. There is over a foot of clearance from the gooseneck and bedsides. I'm also using a turnover ball, that's it."

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Quoting him so I apologize if it comes off incorrectly, "The truck has an 8" Fabtech lift with 38 x 15.50's pulling a 40 ft Texas Bragg trailer. There is over a foot of clearance from the gooseneck and bedsides. I'm also using a turnover ball, that's it."

I bet it turns a lot of heads going down the road.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
I have a peirced now but the next one is a hydralic deck. I'm not buying another one until I can afford the hydralic either