LBZ turbo rebuild

krduramax

Sep 2, 2010
Im looking to rebuild the stock turbo on my lbz. I have been trying to get a hold of yellowchevy to see if he is still rebuilding turbo’s. No response from him yet. Does anyone know if he still rebuilds turbo’s and how to get a hold of him?

krduramax

Sep 2, 2010
Yes I’m thinking of rebuild the turb myself with a 10 blade turbine, 6x6 compressor wheel, and port and polish the exhaust housing. Has anyone rebuilt their turbo with these upgraded components? Is port and polish worth the time in doing it. Any advise would be appreciated.

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida
I rebuilt my turbo with a ten blade turbine and billet compressor in my LLY. For the money I spent rebuilding it myself it wasn't really worth it. I should have just gotten an upgraded turbo. I was happy with the turbo afterwards and it wasn't hard to rebuild but I know a better turbo would have put a lot bigger smile on my face. From what I understand the 6.0 10 blade won't fit a LBZ.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yes I’m thinking of rebuild the turb myself with a 10 blade turbine, 6x6 compressor wheel, and port and polish the exhaust housing. Has anyone rebuilt their turbo with these upgraded components? Is port and polish worth the time in doing it. Any advise would be appreciated.

At that point just buy a smaller upgraded turbo from Danville. That will get you the result you're after and probably be approximately the same cost.

krduramax

Sep 2, 2010
It looks like rebuilding the turbo is not a hard thing to do. And the rebuild kit with upgraded compressor wheel is about a third of the cost to buy a new turbo. So I still don’t understand why more people aren’t rebuilding their turbo’s. What am I missing?

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
It looks like rebuilding the turbo is not a hard thing to do. And the rebuild kit with upgraded compressor wheel is about a third of the cost to buy a new turbo. So I still don’t understand why more people aren’t rebuilding their turbo’s. What am I missing?

If you’re just doing a stock rebuild it’s cheap or buying some cheap parts and slapping them in without balancing it, cost will be a lot cheaper, but cheaper doesn’t last as long. Just depends on what you’re after.

krduramax

Sep 2, 2010
I was not planning on putting in cheap parts. Upgraded 360 degree copper thrust bearing rebuild kit, 6x6 billet compressor wheel, 10 blade turbine (exhaust housing modified for LBZ). If Danville or any others do more on their reman turbo’s it would be good to know. If they put more into their reman turbo’s that make them run better then I will go that route and by a turbo from Danville. What’s your thoughts?

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I rebuilt my turbo, very mild port/polish with a Batmowheel for a fraction of the cost of a replacement unit. For my application it has been great and I have had zero issues even after 150,000 miles.

krduramax

Sep 2, 2010
Has anyone used turbo parts from SP Turboost Co.? Wondering if they sale quality rebuild parts for my LBZ turbo rebuild.