LBZ struck by lightning!!

muhasamituffie

Dec 24, 2010
Well was driving my 06 lbz 8" lift with 37's rollin 80 over injectors new lift pump new injection pump and 170,000KM i get struck by a bolt of lightning going doing the highway... LONG STORY SHORT truck goes dead.. fan blower blows until batteries die... wont start.. no other electronics aside from the hazard lights work.. tried to start NO CRANK... dash cluster pegged where they were and just wondering if i should buy it back and try to fix or just let it go down the road... pretty cheap buy back and i have $9800 worth of parts in it from only a month ago hah! Any idea on where a guy would start on trying to make this girl come back to life?!

OH... Lightning struck my radio antenna and blew half that away.. and maybe blew up a battery.. MAYBE! truck aside from the antenna looks like new..

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Sorry to hear about the situation. I guess you would need to find out which electrical systems/components are fried. A parts list will tell you pretty quick wether or not it's worth keeping in tact.

8lug

Escalade HD
Oct 16, 2009
Canada
How much to buy back, it it's not worth fixing I may want to buy it off you for parts :)

muhasamituffie

Dec 24, 2010
Nipawin, Saskatchewan! 6k to buy back buy i just put in 8 brand new NADP 80 over injectors brand new chevy injection pump and a new fass 150 hahaha! have a fabtech 8" lift single shock but with the upgraded kit including the innter n outter tie rods, idlers, pitmans, control arms. aside from the radio antenna she is in good shape CC,SB, BLK full leather power n sunroof NO NAV .. not sure what electrical to start with... all seemed to not work but i never tried to hook up another battery and start changing... where to start ...PCM,ECM,TCM... i dont think any fuses blew but my blower was stuck on til it killed the batteries.. but for 6000 i think i should be buying it back.. i bought it new and had all work done.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Ill give you 6200 lol

I think its a no brainer man, buy it back for sure. worst case you need a harness an ecm tcm and bcm and your rolling hopefull may have to buy some sensors but geeeez what a deal.

muhasamituffie

Dec 24, 2010
thats what im thinking too! Only concern is ALL electrical is fried... such as ALL door n window controls.. seat controls.. mirrors heat n etc... electric solenoid in injectors n transmission.. scary!! but yeah im thinking it would be the best to just buy back haha

muhasamituffie

Dec 24, 2010
but i think i should be able to either part it out and what i lost out of insurance or just try n get the girl going again.. heard stories of once lightning strikes it can spark an arc in all your bearings n such where it goes metal. liquid. metal. and leave a tack weld... Maybe just get lucky and a few computers are she is on her way.. iwould have to sell though i think even if i got running again.. so many variables that i have no idea with but damn this has been an incredible truck for me

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Buy it back man, are you kiddin? Depending on how much energy your fuse panel off loaded you may have to replace all your wiring,ecu, tcm, sensors and radio, seriously, but its still worth it

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I highly doubt it ruined the whole harness and trans solenoids and everything. Throw a new ECM/TCM/BCM/IPC in it for starters, and see if it runs again...I bet it will. You can find all those things cheap from ebay/junkyard

Then just go from there and see what else doesnt work (window switches, etc)

Ben

Papapark

Mar 20, 2012
Regina, SK
I would buy it back, I almost bought a stock lbz from sgi auction this winter, it went through the ice. It ended up going for about 5300. So if a hydro locked stock 2006 is worth that much, you will be ok on a modified lighting rod. You can go onto the sgi auction website and see past sales prices, it was march or April I think

Papapark

Mar 20, 2012
Regina, SK
And I might be interested in buying off you if you don't want it, and I live in Saskatchewan. I have seen the offers above but i doubt it to be logistically reasonable for them to back it up.