LBZ race tune

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Let me know how it goes. I've never had any problems with the tune, and I searched here and on DP and couldn't find any posts where someone was asking about that code. Hopefully the code was just a weird fluke.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I got this first time I ran it from a 40 punch, approx 80-90% throttle= DTC Information
Code: P0801
Modules:
Description: Reverse Inhibit Control Circuit Malfunction

Same result once again. Tried it at a 30-punch and from a rolling 1st gear start. Rolling start it occured @ 73-74 mph and probably close to it the other try.
Truck acts normally, shifts and all. It was already dark so I couldn't tell a change in smoke but it runs the same or close. ;)

Duramax 6.6L

Nov 23, 2006
Esperance, NY
I had a problem with a truck that kept throwing that code under hard throttle launches. there was a rub through on the wiring harness on the transmission. The problem only showed up on very hard throttle. I am not 100% sure, but I believe there is a service bulletin on this from GM.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I'll try and get a log tomorrow. never made one but will work on it.
I'll also check the wiring, but it doesn't do it(or at least hasn't before) w/o this tune loaded.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I got this first time I ran it from a 40 punch, approx 80-90% throttle= DTC Information
Code: P0801
Modules:
Description: Reverse Inhibit Control Circuit Malfunction

Well, my dumb ass feels like the nanner in front in my sig. I read the code backwards=

DTC Information
Code: P0108
Modules: ECM, PCM
Description: Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Chalk up a big FAIL on me I guess. trying to log now

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ok, that makes more sense. What kind of boost are you seeing?

edit: I just went back a looked at the boost tables in the tune I posted for OS 6128 and noticed the boost tables were a little bit off. The changes are in the attached tune. I'd still like to know what kind of boost numbers you are seeing. Target for this variation of the tune should be no higher than about 33. You could have been seeing as high as 36 before.

Attachments

• Race tune 8-25 265s 3100_0001 OS 6128_0001.tun
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
it was off my 35psi guage IIRC; and made it there quick. I'll run it once more before I change it tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'll try this sumbiscuit eater tomorrow and see what it does in my ride. I'm predicting a max of 28 psi boost.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I ran that tune Josh. Max of 30 in 4th. The rest of the gears was max of 27 ish. Gets hot pretty quick too even with the water injection running!!

Not sure if the logs has anything you want on it. I am just setting up the new efi version I downloaded.

Attachments

• josh race tune log 11 7 09.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 16

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hey Dale, could you get another log with eng tq ref, turbo vane position and injector pulse time? Looks like your holding rail pressure pretty good. Did it shift ok? How did the tune run?

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I ran that tune Josh. Max of 30 in 4th. The rest of the gears was max of 27 ish. Gets hot pretty quick too even with the water injection running!!

Not sure if the logs has anything you want on it. I am just setting up the new efi version I downloaded.

But no codes ? The first version or his last posted? My log said max turbo boost 48.1 psi

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I used that latest version. I never got any codes for the older version either.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Hey Dale, could you get another log with eng tq ref, turbo vane position and injector pulse time? Looks like your holding rail pressure pretty good. Did it shift ok? How did the tune run?

Done. Max PW I saw was 2900. Max boost was about 29psi. It shifts pretty good for a shitty transmission. The tune itself runs good but smokes blue at idle. If it was a little less hot and I had a better trans I would consider it for a DD. Definetly not a tow tune though!!:D

Attachments

• josh race tune log 11 7 09 v2.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 18
  • josh race tune log 11 7 09 v3.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 11

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
But no codes ? The first version or his last posted? My log said max turbo boost 48.1 psi
Was it a boost PID that said 48.1, or was the boost PID minus barometric pressure 48.1? If your seeing gauge boost pressures that high, there is something strange going on. I see in your other post that you saw a max of 34 PSI. Was the 48 on the old tune or the new one?

Done. Max PW I saw was 2900. Max boost was about 29psi. It shifts pretty good for a shitty transmission. The tune itself runs good but smokes blue at idle. If it was a little less hot and I had a better trans I would consider it for a DD. Definetly not a tow tune though!!:D
Thanks for the feedback and the logs. I'll take a look at them tomorrow when I am at my computer. I'm not sure why it would be smoking blue at idle. I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything from stock as far as idle goes except maybe shut off the EGR, but I'll have to go back and look at the tune to be sure. When I looked at your log the other day, I think I saw that your barometric pressure was around 13.1 PSI. That is getting into the medium altitude tables which may be part of your low boost problems if the medium altitude boost tables aren't being adjusted. I had the timing dialed back a little for twins. I can add a little in to try to keep the EGTs from rising as quickly, but the tune will still get pretty hot. It's a lot of fuel for a stock turbo to keep up with. Not much you can do about that. And you are absolutely right, this tune would not do well for towing with a stock turbo.

I ran it again. Max 34 psi on the guage. sustain that for a second or 2 and I still get the code.
It sounds like your boost numbers are right about where they should be now. If you want to keep that code from popping up I can drop the boost back a little or adjust the parameters from that code to keep it from being tripped.