lbz not a good reflash think its bricked

hangenouthere

Diesel tech / Hotrodder
Feb 15, 2010
Smithers BC Canada EH!
hey all so got the v2 scanner and had dsp5 tunes done by rob i know they will be awesume cant wait to data log & play so went to do a full flash on my 06 lbz E35A ecm and thats went it all went south it started the procedure ( scripted loaded , scripted verified , unlocking: trying mfg key checking data file erasing: wait Please: wait all of the sudden stopped with an error code ( script exited with code $0385 general programming failure $85 ) would not finish humm so had to shut it down atempted again same thing so today after reading searching and still cant find code definitions i started to rule out all possibles pulled ecm fuses to reset ecm pulled radio fuse info fuse abs fuse just to take it out of the picture unhooked trailer brake controller from factory plug & play unhooked remote start system disconnected batteries several times in between attempts of reflashing about four times every time it comes back to the same code error and stops uninstalled software on laptop reinstalled same thing using win7 installed software on other laptop running win xp same damn thing running most current software 7.5.7 build 230 & v82.8 build 224 bootlock 2.07.04 firmware 2.07.39 up to date etc. tryed to communicate with my verus scanner will not and of coarse no start just tried to do a cal flash instead of a full flash with stock file still samething concidering on getting replacement ecm to attemp a reload cant think of anything else to do just wondering if anyone has had this happen or has any insite. good thing its my own truck & not a customers lol

hangenouthere

Diesel tech / Hotrodder
Feb 15, 2010
Smithers BC Canada EH!
so here is an up date tried another ecm everything went well, did not know that the series of ecm does not support a test flash so i just said hell with it and proceded after it did a good read with no problems and it took the flash perfectly copied my inj balance rates from my gpcm and all is good the only thing different i did dont know if it made a differance was to not have my laptop ac power plugged in read somewhere was not a good idea or it just was a wierd ecm or chain of events i am going to fool around with the old ecm and a bench harness just to see if i can bring it back. thanks for all the advice just loving the way it runs now should have done this a long time ago so now on with the suncoast mods to really be able to use the 150 tune lol:thumb: