LBZ mileage tune

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Been playing with this one for a while its my DD should be very trans safe, but Transgo is always a good idea. On my last Hwy trip I was getting 21.5mpg with a tail wind but on winter fuel at 75mph.

12616698 OS

All the standard BS no EGR, 150mph speed limiter, ETC Speedo set for ~33" tires

High timing at cruising speeds with ECT tables adjusted for cold weather

Low boost at cruising speeds

1900 PW and fueling up to 4200rpms

Vane set to 100% at idle up to 1200rpms(high idle) when the engines cold to aid in warm up. But since my truck sits in a headed garage I never really tested this to see if it helps any.

Love to hear any feed back

Attachments

• Mileagetune V2.4.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,055
Last edited:

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I'll test it for ya if I can tow with it? I have rdl headers and ups with Pauls EGR delete. May have to change somethings but will give it a try.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
It worked for me I don't know what to tell ya. I'm guessing ya know you have to have the same OS or do a script? Other then that I don't know much about trouble shooting Errors maybe someone can help if you start a new thread. Good luck

white-duramax

Jul 9, 2009
Does Anybody know what kind of milage you can get out of an LB7? I dont have EFI but after the last road trip and getting 14 MPG at 75 MPH was enough for me. I want to get EFI if I can get better MPG:confused:

omalley

Jul 15, 2010
It worked for me I don't know what to tell ya. I'm guessing ya know you have to have the same OS or do a script? Other then that I don't know much about trouble shooting Errors maybe someone can help if you start a new thread. Good luck

Well, here is a picture of the error I received. I am definitely a FNG when it comes to EFI Live, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG00070-20100812-1533.jpg
    IMG00070-20100812-1533.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 208

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Your trying to load the incorect OS into your truck. You can't just go around and pick up a tune and expect it to load in yours, you need to check you OS.

You do have an LBZ correct?? What year, what OS. You can run a script and or copy and paste all the tables into your OS.

omalley

Jul 15, 2010
Yeah, I have an 06 LBZ. Like I said, I know next to nothing about what works and what doesn't when it comes to EFI LIve.

I will check that out (OS) and copy and paste the info from this script into mine. That was one of those Homer moments when I read your post.

Thanks,

OMalley

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
Tried it last night. Seemed to run good for a while then stumbled at take off from a red light. seemed like there was no fuel...Changed back to stock and all was fine..

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep I mixed some my tunes at some point and ended up with the EGR not being fully shut off on them. I guess this one got screw up too. Didn't find out until it cooled down here and the EGR came on in my truck. Sorry

Run this script to turn it off all the way.

Attachments

• EGR OFF.txt
    16 KB · Views: 260

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The tune runs pretty good for the truck I just put it in, but I'm getting a P0102 code that is pending whenever I switch to it on the DSP5. I'm guessing this is from the lower boost causing airflow to be lower than expected. I don't get teh P0102 on the stock or hot tune though, so I shut it off as well as P0101 and will reload it and give it another try. Thanks for the tune though:thumb:. And the EGT's on this one hold at stock or a hair lower at cruise.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
What kind of timing numbers are you seeing at 65mph cruise?

I see around 3 to 3.5psi of boost, 11 degrees of timing, fuel pressure around 10.5k at 65mph.... if I keep it at 65 I have seen 24.8mpg on the highway (summer fuel). I'm always tweaking things trying to improve efficiency anyway I can... Seems I'm running pretty high timing, but the truck appears to like it. (better mileage, no knock... I'm at high elevation too) I'm using HP so I can't load up this tune and look at it.. I think I may dl efi so I can at least look at tunes for fun