LB7 Turbo Kits, and the LB7 Cheetah

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Thats right, the LB7 Cheetah is back, new improved and better than ever. Its currently being tested in a 63mm format, that will fit both the 2.5" work stock rules, and most stock appearing turbo rules. The LB7 Cheetah, in true Cheetah form will retain the stock compressor and turbine housing, as well as the OEM wastegate function. There is also headway being made on a electronically controlled wastegate that will integrate with your EFI Live tuning. With the wastegate, this charger will allow LB7s to make fun reliable horsepower without jeopordizing the headgaskets. We should start getting numbers back from the test truck in the coming weeks. The 63mm LB7 Cheetah is going to start out at $2147.50.​

FPE also offers complete S300 T4 turbo kits, that come complete with all the nescessary components you need to convert your LB7 to a T4 pedestal based turbo. Our entry level S363/68 LB7 setup, which will support 600-625RWHP while keeping EGTs well within check, can be bought for around $3062. They are built with non-wastegated housings and are capable of making 40+ PSI of boost, so headstuds are recomended. For the 600RWHP guys this charger is an absolute blast to drive on the street, whether its just daily driving or being worked as a tow rig. It has been described as feeling electric, due to its extremely quick spool up and response. All the while the EGTs never break over 1400*​

Give us a call at the shop if there are any other questions. 765.676.5063​

Pics Below: The one on the left is the 63mm LB7 Cheetah, and the one on the right is the S363/68 Setup showing off a brushed aluminum and clear coated FPE ManTake.​

Last edited:

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
The Cart is new! The only OEM parts are the turbine housing and the compressor housing.

Caleb

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
I wouldnt count on seeing it on the website any time soon, its kind of out dated and a sadly a poor way to search for FPE product or information. Once we move into a bigger facility, a better website will become a top priority. If you have questions or would just like to see some pictures of product, feel free to call me or send me a PM and I will hook you up.

Yes there will be a core charge for the stock turbo, when you purchase the LB7 Cheetah.

The test truck is getting on the dyno this afternoon, so we should have some numbers to share for the 63mm LB7 Cheetah. :D

Caleb

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Does this Cheetah for LBZ replacing stock turbo on an 06' truck have ball bearings with oil and water cooling, in other way of asking the most durable turbo Garrett makes as to wanting that for the performance of this Cheetah wheel. Next is it titanuim wheel or what? These sure have good reviews from buyers who changed to them after the truck was tuned for the injectors air etc. it had too a correct job in other words. Thanks if you have time to answer on this.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Does this Cheetah for LBZ replacing stock turbo on an 06' truck have ball bearings with oil and water cooling, in other way of asking the most durable turbo Garrett makes as to wanting that for the performance of this Cheetah wheel. Next is it titanuim wheel or what? These sure have good reviews from buyers who changed to them after the truck was tuned for the injectors air etc. it had too a correct job in other words. Thanks if you have time to answer on this.

:confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
585/1042 :D Otherwise stock motor.

Brayden has the video.

Done that on a completely stock charger. You'll have to do better than that to justify $2100.
What was the tuning setup? Higher than 3100us pulse/28* timing? What other mods done to the engine/truck?
What is max safe boost compared to stock charger, everything else being equal?

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Not on this dyno :thumb: LLY w/trans, lift pump and tuning did 507/967 on it. I'd have to look at the tunes but either 3000 or 3200 pulse and 30* timing. Other mods are listed in sig.

True about the dyno, but my numbers were backed up at the track. I hope yours are too. (Just be careful with the LB7 internals....they really dont like 580+)

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Come on Tom.. You didn't dyno an LB7 with a lift pump and tune on a stock turbo at 580rwhp ..

You might have had an LBZ pump, injectors and turbo mouthpiece, downpipe, manifolds and uppipes to go along with that.. Don't muddy up a thread with Apples to Kumkwats comparisons.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Still the stock exhaust wheel? I tried a 64mm b/w wheel with a garrett exhaust wheel in the lb7 stock cartridge, with machined housings. It is just too much expense to dump into stock chargers. People just don't understand what's involved in parts and machining. Imop, I wouldn't waste time with it. I would move on to better chargers.