lb7 tranny actin up

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
ok i need some help i am gettin ready to do a insurance job on this damn thing. were should i go next. the tranny is still throwin the 0875 code and limpin i keep gettin the range shift inhibited message. since my last post. i have pulled the tranny , had c1 c2 and c3 replaced as they were worn alos a new pump was put in. i also replaced pressure switch on the valve body and also the nuetral switch on the outside. what should i do next. i am at my witts end....!!!!!!

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
they went through the whole valve body when u say stuck e valve do u mean one of the solonoids is bad or does the valve have a burr on it or somethin? what else would b wrong withh the valve its just a piece of aluminum and a spring, am i right or am i missin somethin

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
they went through the whole valve body when u say stuck e valve do u mean one of the solonoids is bad or does the valve have a burr on it or somethin? what else would b wrong withh the valve its just a piece of aluminum and a spring, am i right or am i missin somethin

Who is they and what experience do they have? Obviously not much since they can't figure this problem out. If you are going to diagnose problems you need to know how to read codes. If you get a code that says solenoid stuck off or on there is a reason. It is NOT the solenoid and NEVER is.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
they is the diesel shop here in my area that originally built the tranny way back. they r pretty reputable and in there defense all they had was the tranny out of the truck. so they pretty much just went through it mechanically. they said the pump was a bit galled up and c1 through c3 was not good so it was believed to b fixed all though to me the way this whole thing came about in a all of a sudden phenomena left me not reassured when i put it back in. only to find it still dicked up. the shop is backed up and i cant get the truck in there anytime soon. and i am ridiculously busy but am tryin to make time, i was just tryin to understand what goes wong with the valve to make it not work properly besides garbage floatin around...?? i probably just need it broke down in dummy turns as i am exhausted with thinkin about it. lol

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
well for those who followed this post i just wanted to update. Mike was spot on with saying the e valve was the problem . it was in bad shape. we rebored out the valve bore and seems to work like a charm.. thanks again mike , but what a long pain in the ass this was.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
So did the tranny actually need rebuilt then?? Also did you put in a new converter or have the old one refreshed or flushed also?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
well for those who followed this post i just wanted to update. Mike was spot on with saying the e valve was the problem . it was in bad shape. we rebored out the valve bore and seems to work like a charm.. thanks again mike , but what a long pain in the ass this was.

Mike helps another sick transmission :D Good to hear the transmission is running better:thumb:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
yeah 3 packs were bad , it was a combo of a few things. Make sure everyone keeps there spin on changed on a regular basis. As far as the converter i lucked out the 5 fluid change that i performed in this process must of flushed it out well enough