LB7: LB7 Injector install

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Does anyone sell a complete kit for replacing all the seals, o rings ect... when doing a LB7 injector job? Thanks.

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
Injectors should come with o rings. this should be all you need.
97188896 Gasket, Valve Rocker Arm Cover This gasket is reusable only replae if needed.

97228933 Gasket, F/Injr Fuel Return Pipe 8
97600925 Gasket, F/Injr Fuel Return Pipe 2
88901148 (CN) Sealant I really like this sealant never had a problem when using this with leaking but any good silicone should work.
97300793 Seal, T-Stat (2) required
I usually replace these also.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Before I go through all the trouble of replacing these injectors I have a few questions. Tried to do a balance rate with EFI Live but couldn't get any fuel related PIDs to show anything. They just came up as zero?!

Thick white smoke at idle that smells like raw diesel. Checked the oil today and there is diesel in the oil. Do I have a bigger problem on my hands or was this just blow by due to a stuck open injector/injectors?

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Got the new injectors installed last Wednesday. All 8 are remans from GM. Checked the balance rates and #7 is at +15. All the others are -7.

Checked the connectors and did a ohm test on 5 & 7 injector, both read a .5 ohm.

Is there anything else I can do besides tear it back down to figure out the problem?

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
IDK but I would be doing a compression check, Trent and others have mentioned that a high balance race can be a bent rod:mad: Hope its not.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Replaced number 7 injector with another new re-man and same problem. Truck is throwing a P0307 at startup and has a slight haze and a definate miss. Got the compression testing kit from Harbor Freight today so I'll do that tomorrow.

GM said I need to get the numbers off the injectors and tune each injector accordingly? WTF?!

Truck is an 01 and has had the injectors replaced once before, waiting on a VIN check to find out when and if the OS was updated.

I appreciate any advice on the f-ing cluster f$&! this thing has become!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Do the compression test and see where you are at. You should be in the 450 psi range. there isn't any such thing as tuning according to your injector numbers either. Best of luck!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Do the compression test and see where you are at. You should be in the 450 psi range. there isn't any such thing as tuning according to your injector numbers either. Best of luck!

Thanks! Yeah, when I heard about individual tuning I was like uuhhhh what? Not that I know of!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
What he said..I believe it is stored on the GPCM in every lbz+ truck.

Edit...just saw you are doing this on an lb7 and not your sig truck nvmd.

Yes sir, my truck is still rolling strong on the factory injectors. Might be getting some 40 over nozzles from Jake pretty soon though! Yeah!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Replaced number 7 injector with another new re-man and same problem. Truck is throwing a P0307 at startup and has a slight haze and a definate miss. Got the compression testing kit from Harbor Freight today so I'll do that tomorrow.

GM said I need to get the numbers off the injectors and tune each injector accordingly? WTF?!

Truck is an 01 and has had the injectors replaced once before, waiting on a VIN check to find out when and if the OS was updated.

I appreciate any advice on the f-ing cluster f$&! this thing has become!

Here is the Vin check the injectors were replaced by Gm at 88k

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30985

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
The injector tuning they are talking about only applies to the lbz and newer.

And you still dont have to on the LBZ. I switched mine out and never reinstalled in the same hole and all is good. If on a stock injector and you have to you can do it with your Efi Live.