Labor rates!

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
How much would I be looking at labor wise to replace my cp3. I have the pump and have decent knowledge but really want it done right! Any info thanks guys!

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
not sure of the labor time but I charge $50 an hour and flat rate it. I stay very busy at this rate so I feel it's pretty fair compared to $70sum at the dealership around the corner. I'd say the job pays 6-8 hrs so $300-$400ish + parts and tax.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
just to change the cp3 pump 6 to 8 hrs, wow I had no Ideal that was the flag time, no wonder shops charge so much money, $50 an hr is a fair rate do u run a shop???

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Man if you where closer i'd have you come over and do it in my garage so i know how to do it whenever i have to mess with mine :cool2:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
just to change the cp3 pump 6 to 8 hrs, wow I had no Ideal that was the flag time, no wonder shops charge so much money, $50 an hr is a fair rate do u run a shop???

Thats just a quick guesstimate. It's been awhile since i looked that time up. I know it flags a pretty good amount. It seems duramax book times are all pretty much on the high end. I own a business and borrow space for now till i can find the land to build a shop to fit my needs. My building's too small and people are out of their minds on leases and property around here that would be suitable for a business.

Last edited:

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Down here the old ford dealer was 102.00hr last time i checked not sure what the chevy dealer is but i'm sure it's not to far from that :eek:

I would say 500 is fair

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
Thats just a quick guesstimate. It's been awhile since i looked that time up. I know it flags a pretty good amount. It seems duramax book times are all pretty much on the high end. I own a business and borrow space for now till i can find the land to build a shop to fit my needs. My building's too small and people are out of their minds on leases and property around here that would be suitable for a business.
Get a nice shop and you will find $50 per hour wont cover overhead very well let alone put money in your pocket.

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
The cheapest i found so far was $625 from Macs Diesel Performance. I know this can be a long drawn out process, but its all small stuff and fuel lines right nothing to big or too tight? Not any special tools required? I remember trying to replace my turbo and had to make a tool to get the downpipe bolts out! I dont want to run into that again!:baby:

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky

Understand I own a construction company, times are tuff, Good Luck hope u do well.
I've had to drop my pricing by about 30 % to stay halfway working.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Understand I own a construction company, times are tuff, Good Luck hope u do well.
I've had to drop my pricing by about 30 % to stay halfway working.
Been to Louisville KY on 64 lately? I'm in construction too and all that concrete being placed between Shelbyville and Louisville is one of my responsibilities. Needless to say, I'm busy there too.