Kryptonite ultimate front end package stage 3

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
Between VA Beach & Tallahassee
I've got a couple of parts going bad in my front end. My tires are nearly worn out and have been planning to replace them pretty soon. Before new tires, I need to fix my steering issues. I'm looking at the KRYPTONITE stage 3 setup at the dmax store. Any concerns I should be aware of before purchasing? Also looking for any good, bad or other experiences with these parts. Is there anything better for the money? I have a 6" suspension lift and have seen something about possibly needing extended sway bar end links. Just wanna make sure I have everything I need when I get to swapping parts.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
You'll love em, I flipped my sway bar with an 8" lift, not sure about a 6". Then back again when I lowered it. Kryptonite stg3 was one of the best upgrades I've made.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Kryptonite/rare parts Makes quality stuff, I was happy with it on my previous truck. As far as the sway bar end links, check out Cognito's HD links They hold up really well and aren't priced bad. I would avoid the Cognito HD tie rods though, they don't last.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I've had Kryptonite parts up front for several years. They are fantastic, but I did find their limits recently, with regards to the centerlink rolling. IMHO, run the nastiest idler that you can buy, and some sort of bracing. I know with the lift that Tony's brace won't fit, but maybe you can fashion your own that fits.

I the bushing is shot on my Energy links, so I ordered a Kryptonite set of sway bar end links yesterday. I noticed that they make longer ones for lifts. You might want to look.

Good luck!
Wally

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
lol. Me.

But he has a lift. Tony's only works with the diff in the stock location. The OP would need to fab his own.

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
I've had Kryptonite parts up front for several years. They are fantastic, but I did find their limits recently, with regards to the centerlink rolling. IMHO, run the nastiest idler that you can buy, and some sort of bracing. I know with the lift that Tony's brace won't fit, but maybe you can fashion your own that fits.

I the bushing is shot on my Energy links, so I ordered a Kryptonite set of sway bar end links yesterday. I noticed that they make longer ones for lifts. You might want to look.

Good luck!
Wally

Thanks Wally.

I'm looking to get either the Ultimate Idler Arm ($99) or the stage 3 kit has an option for the Krytonite Death Grip idler arm ($200). I've seen recently where the guy making the ultimate idler is going out of business so I'm considering the $200 option. I saw the same extended sway bar end links and thing I'll do that just for good measure. :thumb:

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Thanks Wally.

I'm looking to get either the Ultimate Idler Arm ($99) or the stage 3 kit has an option for the Krytonite Death Grip idler arm ($200). I've seen recently where the guy making the ultimate idler is going out of business so I'm considering the $200 option. I saw the same extended sway bar end links and thing I'll do that just for good measure. :thumb:

What did you end up doing bud?

UGAfsuFAN

Sep 29, 2015
I'm "patiently" waiting on my KRYPTONITE Stage 3 with their death grip idler kit to be delivered tomorrow by UPS. Also ordered their extended sway bar end links. Got an appointment to have alignment done at 9 on Friday AM. :woott: Hope it all makes it here on time. Then tires shortly after!

Hope it lasts longer than stock parts!

JLB7

Oct 27, 2015
California
Its well worth it. I sled pull with mine and daily it. I am running a 6inch lift dropped down to 4, kryptonite center link and tie rods, super diesel idler, kryptonite idler gusset/brace, and factory pitman. Also running cognito pisk, and cognito upper control arms. Like I said it is well worth it, only con is that you will lose some steering radius and get a bit of inner and outer tie wear on the front so keep up on your tire rotation!

Last edited:

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
Can't go wrong with any of the kryptonite parts. I have had the full front end for 5 racing seasons and 100k miles of daily driving. Like a ROCK!

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I have the kit on mine, need to figure out how to get my dhd brace to work with it. Very solid kit.
Should bolt right on just like it was a factory centerlink. They should have machined the flats the same size as the factory so it should bolt right up, since the only differences is in the ends of the centerlink.
Edit
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50373&page=9
Look at the pictures in post 128 and 129, it shows a DHD brace on the strait centerlink.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
First - those are my pictures, and that is a Kryptonite link, not a straight centerlink. Although the Kryptonite is a straight link in appearance, a true straight centerlink (like the old Super Diesel I used to run) has the tie rods attaching in the ends like stock - Kryptonite has them attached to the top... that is why it turns better! It also resists roll but doesn't eliminate it like a true straight.

I am correcting you just so that someone doesn't run out and buy a straight link and a brace :thumb:

As for aftermarket idler and pitman putting the link closer to the diff, it is very unlikely. Unless they are sold as a matched pair (and I'd hope a warning) either one of them would throw off the arc of the centerlink and bind up the works! In the case of the Kryptonite on my truck, the centerlink is closer by virtue of the added thickness of the hex bar over stock, but it does fit with the slide strip <JUST> ;)

When I ordered, Tony had no info on whether the brace would fit, and asked me to report back. I installed it and emailed him 2 weeks ago - with detailed pictures and such. I asked him in the email if he thought that I could order up the roller upgrade and either run it as is, or possibly mill slots the unit to allow it to move the roller back to fit, or some other idea/opinion. To date I have received no reply.

I also had some back and forth with High Roller on the Ultimate Idler. He is selling off remaining stock on eBay. I bought another arm and extra pins. The other arm was for my buddy - mine didn't budge in the failure, just the pin! And that is one STRONG pin! Lordy there's a lot of force at work under there :)

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Can't go wrong with any of the kryptonite parts. I have had the full front end for 5 racing seasons and 100k miles of daily driving. Like a ROCK!

Yes sir. thank you!!

First - those are my pictures, and that is a Kryptonite link, not a straight centerlink. Although the Kryptonite is a straight link in appearance, a true straight centerlink (like the old Super Diesel I used to run) has the tie rods attaching in the ends like stock - Kryptonite has them attached to the top... that is why it turns better! It also resists roll but doesn't eliminate it like a true straight.

I am correcting you just so that someone doesn't run out and buy a straight link and a brace :thumb:

As for aftermarket idler and pitman putting the link closer to the diff, it is very unlikely. Unless they are sold as a matched pair (and I'd hope a warning) either one of them would throw off the arc of the centerlink and bind up the works! In the case of the Kryptonite on my truck, the centerlink is closer by virtue of the added thickness of the hex bar over stock, but it does fit with the slide strip <JUST> ;)

When I ordered, Tony had no info on whether the brace would fit, and asked me to report back. I installed it and emailed him 2 weeks ago - with detailed pictures and such. I asked him in the email if he thought that I could order up the roller upgrade and either run it as is, or possibly mill slots the unit to allow it to move the roller back to fit, or some other idea/opinion. To date I have received no reply.

I also had some back and forth with High Roller on the Ultimate Idler. He is selling off remaining stock on eBay. I bought another arm and extra pins. The other arm was for my buddy - mine didn't budge in the failure, just the pin! And that is one STRONG pin! Lordy there's a lot of force at work under there :)

to be clear here. We have the Race Cut center link that uses the traditional tie rod ends and we have the SS Cut center link for a more street able applications that use the outer style ends for the inners. All straight center links. :thumb: