iPod interface

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is the USA Spec PA11-GM still the best option for hooking up an iPod to a Bose 6 disk CD changer stereo? Does it have any issues working with the SIR-GM1 Sirius box instead of the stock XM stuff?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
thats the one I have Josh and I love it.

It sets it up so XM1 is the ipod and XM2 is XM, which is a really clever way to do it. All of the other ipod adapters you have to press and hold a button, song and dance etc... to change between ipod and XM.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
hmmm that I cant answer..

I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it? :(

I do know the USA Spec PA-11 ipod adapter does mess with reflashing, whereas my old Axxess ipod adapter (POS) didnt cause any problems.

Doesnt affect you anyway though because LBZ's are flashed via GMLAN, not class 2.

ben

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Ben, did you just unplug the adapter to reflash?

I've been looking into this so I can use my iphone as a gps and not have to fumble with a car charger and modulator.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Wait. You can change your XM subscription over to Sirius and it still works? Or did you use an external adapter and plug into your aux in plug in on the back of the head unit?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wait. You can change your XM subscription over to Sirius and it still works? Or did you use an external adapter and plug into your aux in plug in on the back of the head unit?
I put in the Sirius conversion thing. The part number is SIR-GM1, I think. It is a harness and box that plugs up to the factory XM harness.

I guess I might try it once I get the truck going again.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Do the Sirius Channels come up when you use this then? Like it displays Octane and Hair Nation and such?

Do you get seek alerts and stuff like the standalone Sirius units do or is it just like the stock set-up with the XM (No Seek Alerts)?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think so on the names. It's been so long since I used it I can't be certain.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the seek alerts, so I'm gonna have to say no.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Seek Alerts are if you hear a song you like, you can program it to notify you whenever that song is played again.
The adapter for the Alpine didn't have this I think so I stuck with the standalone unit and hardwired it in through the aux input to get the digital signal.

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
I just installed the USA Spec along with a Non-Lux(call me lazy) TNR and it's a pretty slick little unit. I put the box underneath the front part of the console and thre a Nano in the glovebox. I'm happy. Lots of reviews on the unit on Cruchfiled's website.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I have had the same adapter for a while now and its really great. Money well spent.