Intermittent chug/knock

sittinpretti03

Aug 13, 2011
Hey everyone, I just got done doing a engine swap with a reman long block from DFC Diesel. the motor has developed chug/knock at idle/driving randomly. No dtc's have been set. It feels like a fuel issue. Checked the injector harness at #2 and #7 seems fine. Check the FICM harness for rubbing/chaffing, no signs. Wiggled and shock wiring harness while truck was running and can not reproduce problem. Also truck isn't hold full prime overnight. I have a lift pump. Going to bypass the fuel filter head today and see. Any suggestions?

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
I would call the company you purchased the long-block from, make's the most sense. Rather then try and have someone diagnosis a drivability issue from a computer monitor , with no DTC code's to help point you in the right direction.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Any luck bypassing the filter head? Have you checked balance rates? What year is the truck? Hopefully your crank isn't on it's way out.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ck the ground wires at the right front of the engine just above the oil pan, should be 3 of them. The top one came loose on my truck and would give me a weird fuel knock that progressively got worse.