Injector Pigtails #2 &#7 Ripoffs?

RetiredGuns

Jan 25, 2009
Annville, PA
I have a 2005 and about 150K on the clock! I have a idle shake going on, and thanks to the many posts, I see it just may be the failure item to consider? Same P/N as LBZ! I have not done any tests, or have not even looked for burnt connectors, but believe I will just replace them, and be done with it, why not? So, I go to many of the sites that offer that (Upgrade?) and cannot fathom a friggan electrical wire and plastic connector, that expensive!!! The ranges were, 60 bucks, to over 80 bucks! Bite me! I did find one source though that didn't like theirs as much, 22 bucks, out their door? Hmm, said I, no brainer. Before I sent my C/C info, having never heard of the joint, I called to verify that this is the Correct part, hey, why not? So the Telephone number exists, but I got a suspicious Telephone Prompt in Computerese, not a real voice...hmm, I realize more and more places are using this, so I make my selection, and get another computer voice, not answering any questions, but it tells me to do an Email inquiry? Ok, I'll do that! I received what looked like a boilerplate reply....as they will look into that for me, but no real answer! Hmm, I look further by just searching for their name on the web, and walla, a place in Sierra Leone pops up.....hummmm, suspicion aroused, even more! If you google the address given it cannot house as many parts as they offer either! Anyway, here is the link, hey let me know please, if you know a much cheaper route, as I am hesitant at buying someone else's Paradise Retreat in some exotic place, to repair what shouldn't be failing in the first place, damn engineers!!! Check it out!!!! http://www.automotivepartsfactory.co...101440781.html

RetiredGuns

Jan 25, 2009
Annville, PA
And to add.....can't I just find a place that sells used parts, and replace both pigtails, probably for 10 bucks or so? They may not be the new improved, salty ones offered, but hey, I'll get 4 of them from the front of the engine, and be good to go for like 300K miles or so? Seems to me the logical choice and a lot easier on my wallet? I'd like feedback on that idea, as well, please? Thanks!