LB7: Injector issues

Jul 23, 2016
Kentucky
Alright i did it i pulled my injectors from the lb7 pretty annoying process. One injector i pulled looked like it had mud or dirt on it and the cup didnt come out with it but looks like it also has small particals that look like dirt in it. Has anyone else delt with this or seen this??

Attachments

• IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 44

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Looks pretty normal to me. Carbon build up at the base near the crush washer is normal

Make sure to clean up the inside of the cup before putting a new injector in

Jul 23, 2016
Kentucky
My concern is the brown, that is the only injector that looks that way the rest were oily and had doesel on them. Just that one is dry amd has dirt on it?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Last time I did injectors, I had one come out like that, and the rest were wet/oily like yours. I think that one injector was probably burning hotter or something. But that's why you're replacing them!

Most people recommend removing and re-sealing the cups. I've gotten away with leaving them, but if one leaks you have to pull the injectors again to fix it.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2016
Kentucky
Yea, only 2 cups stayed in so i pulled them everything is getting a deep cleaning in clr over night then brake cleaned in the morning and wire brushed.