Im still alive.!

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Haven't been on much and as some have seen elseware i've been in the hospital all week.

I'll try to give the short laymens version of the story to the best of my ability.

Two weeks ago I noticed some numbing in my legs and pain in my back. Chiropractor wasnt much help, throughout the week it came and went but by the weekend the pain was much worse. By Monday night it was a crippling pain in my lower back and legs with numbness in other areas. At 4am I went to the ER. After some exams they ordered an MRI which was too painful to sit through so after some pain killers they tried again. The MRI showed some growths they wanted a better look at so I got a CT scan for those areas. What they found was a large growth on my L2,L3 and L4 vertabrae as well as one on my chest near my heart and others on my liver, stomach and spleen along with several swollen lymphnodes.

After a biopsy they diagnosed it as Stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma. Not necessarilly good news but a better outcome than it couldve been. Testicular cancer and non Hodgkins Lymphoma were their other ideas. Hodgkins Lymphona is the most easily treated with a very high success rate.

I had my first chemo on Friday and was discharged saturday. Ill have 6 months of out patient chemotherapy and things should be cleared up.

I have to thank my new wife, two weeks into our marraige and shes sleeping in a recliner in the hospital next to me for a week. Also thank my gaurdian angel (mom), and all of the friends and family who helped me through the week and even decorated the room for my birthday (4th).

Im not too worries about any of it, theres far worse things happening to other people out there, but I always like to clear the air with the real story so everyone knows what actually went down. In my opinion its not to serious, its still not something to take lightly though and its pretty scary to know all of this was growing inside me and I never knew until it caused back pains of all things.

Thanks for the support many of you have already shown to me. I appreciate it very much.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wow Vinny, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
500 "atta boys" for the great perspective on a pretty scary diagnosis :thumb::thumb: Stress (which you don't seem to have) and worry just compound illness. My bet is on you to kick the shit out of what ails you :hug:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Thanks everyone. Had a nice surprise when I got home too. Our new Fendt 930 Vario showed up while I was in the hospital.

I've wanted a Fendt since I first drove one when they came across the point 10 years ago. Finally have one to call our own now. The first of many. This one is 300hp. The tractor it is replacing (Agco DT275B) was 330hp but a 933 Fendt would have to be ordered and wouldnt be here until June/July of 2014 due to retooling (every Fendt is built on the same line, big or small) and would have a large price increase due to Tier 4 Final emissions.

Many have heard me rave about them on here, but the short and sweet story is that they are one of the most innovative if not the most innovative, efficient and reliable tractors out there. The Mercedes of tractors. Much more comfortable to sit in that even our pickups as well. Ill keep the details about it in another thread at a later date though.

uploadfromtaptalk1378701644504.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378701661130.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378701644504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378701644504.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378701661130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378701661130.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 133

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Congrats on the new tractor, I hope it serves you well! I'm a big believer in the minds power over the body. From what you've said it seems like you have a great mindset going into this journey. Keep it up! Stay positive and remember to keep us posted if you so choose. Your Dmax buddies are pullin for ya!:hug:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Glad you paid attention to the clues your body was giving you. So many dont.....

Get well soon, Vinny!

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
good to hear everything is going to be ok!! I wish u a speedy recovery!!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Dangit man! I'll be praying for you to make a full recovery bud. Your positive attitude is very admirable and a big key to overcoming! Get better bud. :thumb:

And looking forward to the detailed thread about the Fendt. :woott:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Glad they found out what it was and you're going to be ok Vinny.

Rest up and have a speedy recovery. Don't try to over do it to much, I always do and it usually doesn't work out that well.:D

I'm a John Deere man myself but that new tractor looks really good to :thumb:

Yellowchevy

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Glad to hear its treatable and they caught it early Vinny, and good on you for not playing the "bahhh im fine, I dont need no dokter" card.

PM me your address at the hospital. Ill send you some kesha CD's to blow up all the speakers in the childrens ward. Just be careful when you open the package, because it may or may not be filled with glitter. :hug:

Ben